Home

AFL on ESPN

This is a discussion on AFL on ESPN within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: AFL on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygiterdone
AFL shouldnt even be considered football

football was founded with the running game, which this league has none to speak of, thus it isnt football
Football was also built on leather helmets with no face-masks.

That's a pretty narrow-minded view you have.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygiterdone
AFL shouldnt even be considered football

football was founded with the running game, which this league has none to speak of, thus it isnt football
No running game? You ever actually seen an AFL game, or at least watched an AFL team with a decent midfield that handballs and pushes their attack? As someone who not only watches AFL but also PLAYED Aussies rules football for a number of years, take my word for it when I tell you that there is plenty of running.

Also take my word for it when I tell you that FOOTball was founded as a kicking game, NOT a running game - hence the name. Take a look at soccer or rugby for a good look at the origin of the name. The game just happened to evolve differently in the States than it did in the rest of the world.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusH
No running game? You ever actually seen an AFL game, or at least watched an AFL team with a decent midfield that handballs and pushes their attack? As someone who not only watches AFL but also PLAYED Aussies rules football for a number of years, take my word for it when I tell you that there is plenty of running.

Also take my word for it when I tell you that FOOTball was founded as a kicking game, NOT a running game - hence the name. Take a look at soccer or rugby for a good look at the origin of the name. The game just happened to evolve differently in the States than it did in the rest of the world.
bro, AFL (aussie rules football) is clearly based on the running game. don't take offense to this thread. they are talking about the AFL (arena football league) here in the states. it is akin to american football only played on a samller indoor field about the size of a ice hockey rink.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »