Home

Front Office Football League -- Any Interest?

This is a discussion on Front Office Football League -- Any Interest? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Front Office Football League -- Any Interest?

Personally, I spend very little time week to week on exports unless there is an injury. I've created a few different offensive gameplans. I've created a few different defensive gameplans. The game can save each of them. I then load a gameplan based on what I want to accomplish in that week and set my lineups if there are injuries. Usually takes 5-10 minutes per night. It's the chatting with the guys that usually sucks me in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
Personally, I spend very little time week to week on exports unless there is an injury. I've created a few different offensive gameplans. I've created a few different defensive gameplans. The game can save each of them. I then load a gameplan based on what I want to accomplish in that week and set my lineups if there are injuries. Usually takes 5-10 minutes per night. It's the chatting with the guys that usually sucks me in.
Interesting, so it really isn't that time consuming? How does your other leagues handle their sim schedule? What would you suggest?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #27
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
Oh, that sounds easy enough.

I'll be able to export every sim then.

But we all live in denial
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Interesting, so it really isn't that time consuming? How does your other leagues handle their sim schedule? What would you suggest?

It took me an hour or so to create a gameplan (only cause I hemmed and hawed on certain options) I've created 4 offensive gameplans for my 2 leagues. I've created 3 defensive gameplans. Most likely I'll use those plans as a basis for this league and just tweak a bit to suit my personnel. For a new user, I'd expect an expenditure of a few hours on the front end to build a gameplan, test and tweak it, but once the gameplans are developed, it really only requires a small amount of time per week in my experience.

On a week to week basis, I spend much more time watching Solevision and seeing the games play out than actually tweaking my gameplan. Personally, I recommend 4 sims per week. 2 midweek sims and 2 game sims, but whatever the league wants is good with me. Also, I just about finished work and now have more time and am registered at the league site, so I'll post over there now. I'll also copy the post with a few links to websites over to the new board just as samples.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #29
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Wait wait....

We can watch the games play in this league? WOW!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #30
Rookie

One other thought - it is the commish who really has the time consuming job. The game itself doesn't automate the uploading of files to a server or anything like OOTP does. Therefore, the webmaster will need to develop a utility to automate this process (most of the webs I linked to have similar utilities) or the commish will have to do it via email which is obviously the less efficient measure. Also, while the game generates HTML weekly with the press of a button, there is still some time expenditure in posting that to the web on a weekly basis.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Wait wait....

We can watch the games play in this league? WOW!

Not via graphics! Just via text. But, Solevision which is new, allows you to follow all of the games in the league simulatanously, and click on any game at any time to see what is happening at that moment in time. The text descriptions are fun and varied. You can also speed the text up to scroll as fast or as slow as you want. It really is quite exciting during the last few weeks if the playoff scenarios are varied. Solevision also tracks all of the stat leaders of that day and updates in "real time" and shows (via text again) scoring plays throughout the league as they happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #32
Rookie

I've got lots of experience with the Front Office Football series, and recently saw your review of it. Just registered a few minutes ago. EF27 told me about this league starting. I'd be interested in being a part of it and helping out those who are unfamiliar with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »