Home

Gameday.

This is a discussion on Gameday. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Gameday.

I really hope sony thinks about maybe coming out with the NFL gameday series again. I mean the series went sour after some years the game went was out, but in the begining this was indeed my favorite football series.

Gameday 96/97 were my favorite, I mean it was better then madden.

96 and 97 were great, I can'tr find the box art for 96, since the PS3 will be here for quite sometime before the PS4 comes out, sony should find the same team that worked on these two games and make bring the series back.

[image]http://www.image4u.org/host/public/pview/302/97.jpg[/image]

I still remember when I played the first gameday, I was in High School and I stayed up all night playing it for weeks and went to school sleepy as hell, LOL, those were the days.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 12-29-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Gameday.

I jumped off the Madden bandwagon when this game first came out and like you I couldn't put it down. I remember the first 2 or 3 seasons being really good and then it went down hill from there, BUT that is when 2K Football (Greatest sports series EVER IMO) came on the scene and we all know what happened then.

Those really were the days. As a sports gamer you couldn't ask for anything more than 3 football games to choose from. I really hope that one day the greedy NFL (Yes, I said the NFL and NOT EA) opens their eyes and lets any developer use their license.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I jumped off the Madden bandwagon when this game first came out and like you I couldn't put it down. I remember the first 2 or 3 seasons being really good and then it went down hill from there, BUT that is when 2K Football (Greatest sports series EVER IMO) came on the scene and we all know what happened then.

Those really were the days. As a sports gamer you couldn't ask for anything more than 3 football games to choose from. I really hope that one day the greedy NFL (Yes, I said the NFL and NOT EA) opens their eyes and lets any developer use their license.
well if sony wanted to come back out with gameday they, becuae it would be first party, they should think about hard.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
well if sony wanted to come back out with gameday they, becuae it would be first party, they should think about hard.
The football deal is not like the MLB deal. The NFL exclusive deal excludes first and second party games, so Sony will either have to wait until the NFL deal is up or go generic.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon7 Re: Gameday.

I actually went back out and bought NFL Gameday, NFL Gameday 98 and NFL Gameday 2004 for PS1 and PS2. I kinda like Gameday 2004 on PS2. It's not great, but it can be fun if you work with what you have. 2K5 will always be my game though, Monk....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Gameday 97 was really good and then the series fell off the map for me. Madden 98 went polygon and was a big improvement. I stayed on the Madden bandwagon through 2003.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkboon
I actually went back out and bought NFL Gameday, NFL Gameday 98 and NFL Gameday 2004 for PS1 and PS2. I kinda like Gameday 2004 on PS2. It's not great, but it can be fun if you work with what you have. 2K5 will always be my game though, Monk....
I agree with what you said about 2K5 and Gameday 2004. I think the best thing about Gamneday 2004 was its create-a-team options. Tons of helmet, jersey, pants and stripe styles.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

I was big Gameday 98/Gamebreaker 98 fan. I still have both games. Gameday 99 was the most I've been disapointed in a game. Bugs and sloppy gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »