Home

Football Mogul, Front office football, Maximum football

This is a discussion on Football Mogul, Front office football, Maximum football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Football Mogul, Front office football, Maximum football

Looking for people's thoughts and comments on these text sims (I think they all have brand new versions out)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Football Mogul, Front office football, Maximum football

Maximum Football is not a text sim. It is actually a Front Page Sports Football type game (lots of play development flexibility but arcade mode leaves a lot to be desired).

I enjoy it, but since it was made by one guy it has it's problems. He is constantly updating it, and the latest release (R3) is a big step forward from where the game was last March when it was released. The thing I enjoy the most is the flexibility in design, you can make your own league/team art/custom stadiums/plays, in fact you have to (you can download lots of user made stuff from the web too). I would never even bother playing the arcade portion.

Check it out, but only if you are patient and willing to work with the game to make your own football world.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726
Maximum Football is not a text sim. It is actually a Front Page Sports Football type game (lots of play development flexibility but arcade mode leaves a lot to be desired).

I enjoy it, but since it was made by one guy it has it's problems. He is constantly updating it, and the latest release (R3) is a big step forward from where the game was last March when it was released. The thing I enjoy the most is the flexibility in design, you can make your own league/team art/custom stadiums/plays, in fact you have to (you can download lots of user made stuff from the web too). I would never even bother playing the arcade portion.

Check it out, but only if you are patient and willing to work with the game to make your own football world.
I think I'll check this out. I loved the FPS series. Never played the arcade portion. Loved the gameplan, playmaking and coaching aspects. Customizing leagues was a blast.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have several trusted friends who tried out Maximum Football and the game is EXTREMELY flawed, even after many patches. Stats are no where near realistic, and it is impossible to get them realistic within the game.

Front Office Football 2007 is a very solid, extremely fun, realistic game (as detailed in the new review up on this site) but it is a text sim with no graphics.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
I have several trusted friends who tried out Maximum Football and the game is EXTREMELY flawed, even after many patches. Stats are no where near realistic, and it is impossible to get them realistic within the game.

Front Office Football 2007 is a very solid, extremely fun, realistic game (as detailed in the new review up on this site) but it is a text sim with no graphics.
They weren't playing arcade mode were they? Any of you play FPS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
They weren't playing arcade mode were they? Any of you play FPS?

I loved FPS and really wish Maximum Football (or NFL Head Coach for that matter) lived up to the legacy of FPS. My friends who tried it (who are football nuts) weren't playing in the Arcade mode, and were still seeing ridiculous stats.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Quote:
I loved FPS and really wish Maximum Football (or NFL Head Coach for that matter) lived up to the legacy of FPS. My friends who tried it (who are football nuts) weren't playing in the Arcade mode, and were still seeing ridiculous stats.
Yea, I have NFL Head Coach and this was a poor attempt by EA. I only hope they will try again next year and improve on it. Based off of EA's track record lately, I'd have to say that's a longshot.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
The stock plays as well as the initial release and first couple of patches produce some unrealistic results. The latest release (dating early november) is much better.

This game is very, very open ended. The players do EXACTLY what you tell them to do in the play editor, so it can be rather easy to exploit the defenses and vice versa. I would never recommend someone buying the game to just plug in and play with all the stock plays etc...that is not what the game is for. It is really an open ended toolkit that allows you to make your own football world, and there are upsides and downsides to that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »