Home

For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08

This is a discussion on For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which game is better?
All Pro Football 2K8 (2ksports) 80 47.90%
NCAA Football 08 (EASports) 87 52.10%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #33
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08

Depth of offline experience, NCAA.

Depth of online experience, APF.

On the field, APF hands down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxAsz_xbB0s
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I just have the demo for APF, so until I pick it up for a lesser price, I should be able to have a deeper opinion.

However, based on that Youtube, I saw #12 chuck it up to Rice every throw and Rice came down with it every time. I saw #12 evade a pass rush like he had a superman cape on. The college game not everyone makes those plays.

From an outsider looking in, I would think an offense like that would total at least 500 yds altogether. I consider stats as part of on the field gameplay.

The only difference I noticed was APF had a better pass blocking pocket than NCAA.

Again, I'll reserve full judgement until I have both in my hands, but that's my opinion based on the youtube comparison.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #35
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I just have the demo for APF, so until I pick it up for a lesser price, I should be able to have a deeper opinion.

However, based on that Youtube, I saw #12 chuck it up to Rice every throw and Rice came down with it every time. I saw #12 evade a pass rush like he had a superman cape on. The college game not everyone makes those plays.

From an outsider looking in, I would think an offense like that would total at least 500 yds altogether. I consider stats as part of on the field gameplay.

The only difference I noticed was APF had a better pass blocking pocket than NCAA.

Again, I'll reserve full judgement until I have both in my hands, but that's my opinion based on the youtube comparison.
I don't think there was a dropped pass in either game's practice mode shown. Besides, I don't think the point of the comparison was to show difficultly level. It was to show player interaction, animations and graphics. Which, IMO, all were strongly in favor of All-Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I don't think there was a dropped pass in either game's practice mode shown. Besides, I don't think the point of the comparison was to show difficultly level. It was to show player interaction, animations and graphics. Which, IMO, all were strongly in favor of All-Pro.

I hear ya and understand, I'm just saying what I saw with these eyes.

I'll give you the player interaction, even on the demo for APF, that was noticeable. I haven't spent enough time with animations on APF to make any judgements in that area. Graphics, I don't know, I look at the field on APF and the on the field textures seem lacking, and that was in the demo as well.

Last edited by roadman; 07-30-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #37
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Simply put, the gameplay in APF IMO is more of an asset than NCAA's. I could probably play one whole season and playoffs in APF in one night without getting bored. It's truly addictive.

NCAA has a lot of strong points as well. When I'm playing APF I always long to take pictures, upload my replays to the web without using a capture device and use "Super Sim". BTW, Super Sim really helps this game. I find myself getting bored in games that I don't feel like playing that I know I can't simulate (I have a Dynasty with the UB Bulls and usually play every game against ranked opponents to see if I can pull off a close game or even an upset). Super Sim helps immensely in this case and is invaluable. Period. I've always enjoyed NCAA's Dynasty Mode, so it's a no-brainer that NCAA has the upper hand there.

In a nutshell, NCAA has much better off-field gameplay and options, but APF makes up for the lack of their own features with absolutely stellar gameplay. Both games are great for different reasons.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #38
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

APF plays like real football. Nuff said
Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #39
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I want to know if anyone prefers APF over NCAA and DIDN'T love 2K5. It seems that most people that prefer APF loved 2K5 and I found that game too flawed in many ways (especially after loving 2K4). In fact, my disappointment with both 2K5 and Madden '05 pushed me to trying NCAA '06 when I wasn't a college football fan. I've loved the game since and really enjoy NCAA on the PS3. I just got a $50 gift card for Best Buy and was debating as to whether I should use it towards a wireless router or to buy APF. I wish they would release a PS3 demo so I could get a taste of the game already. I could rent it but I'm going to be cheap right now and wait for the demo.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 62

Close vote. I have NCAA 2008 for the PS2 and I moderately enjoy it to be honest with you. I am presently debating which to get, NCAA 2008 or APF 2k8. I am leaning to the latter right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »