Home

CFL 1 pt?

This is a discussion on CFL 1 pt? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: CFL 1 pt?

Since most people have grown up with the US rules, the Canadian rules see a bit odd to many. But if people were introduced to both games at the same time, I bet alot of people would prefer the CFL rules.....I think I would.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Since most people have grown up with the US rules, the Canadian rules see a bit odd to many. But if people were introduced to both games at the same time, I bet alot of people would prefer the CFL rules.....I think I would.
Not me. Three downs makes the pro game too similar. I don't watch much CFL but you see teams in basically the same formations, seemingly running the same things over and over (I know its not that simple but you get my point). You don't see much variety in the run game or in formations on both offense and defense. In college or the NFL you can see tons of different formations, different styles of run games (FB, 2 TEs, single back, traps, powers, etc.) and different passing schemes (west coast, 2 WR to 5 WR, etc). In the CFL you know everyone will line up with a ton of WRs in a spread or shotgun formation and the run game is usually a lot of draws. You basically see the NFL 3rd down package for both offense and defense on the field all game. I know a lot of people prefer the extra passing of the CFL but its just not for me.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I grew up with the CFL and NFL, and I like and dislike parts of both games.

I like the idea that every punt has to be returned in the CFL but I hate the idea of giving a single point for a missed FG.

It seems like once or twice a year, there's a game that comes down to the end where teams kick the ball back and forth because one team doesn't want to give up the point. When this happens, it looks really silly.

I prefer passing over running so the CFL gets the edge here. 5 WR sets are common in the CFL.

The OT format in the CFL is also better. It's a complete joke that you can lose in OT in the NFL without even getting a chance to score. This rule will probably never change unless a team gets jobbed in the Superbowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »