Home

NCAA or Madden...

This is a discussion on NCAA or Madden... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA or Madden...

While the commentary is pretty bad with that radio guy and Madden's franchise isn't as cool as NCAA's dynasty with recruiting, I'm loving the game a great deal. Now, I know 99.9% of OS'ers and internet users in general don't care but it's the only CG game with something that us coach moders can use with the new WR Control. Also, as someone stated above, you have more control over your passes. I have played QB a little bit in Madden and I'm MUCH better at it than in NCAA. I haven't seen any defenders warping to defend/intercept passes or anything of the sort.

As a few earlier posters stated, Madden always appears to be the more refined of the 2 games. This year, atleast for right now, it's Madden all the way.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

I give the nod to NCAA-visually/responsiveness/atmosphere. BUT-someone who needs to use their favorite pro and college teams to a cyber championship-must have both games-even with their shortcomings. I cannot let a season go by without going for it with my Steelers or Arkansas Razorbacks! this is football season. Having both is a rite of passage for people like us.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

bump.........more impressions from those who have both please.

Awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well i'm a little biased towards the college game, just like the chance to get a team ranked and keep them up there, you get to play against more teams, little shorter season. RECRUITING!!!! I did rent madden tonight and have only played 1 game but it does seem to be a decent game also. Even though Brett Favre took a snap and mysteriously backed up 30 yards into the end zone for a saftey, i couldn't control him and no one could sack him!!!!!! Very odd
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
bump.........more impressions from those who have both please.

Awesome
NCAA and to me Madden's not even a close second.

I like Madden, I do. But I love NCAA. I think the gameplay is better. Way more atmosphere (you can actually see stats during the game). Way less over the top NFL Blitz hits. But the dynasty mode is light years ahead of anything Madden has to offer.

Unless you love the pro game and dont' follow college then I'd get NCAA and not look back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »