Home

NCAA or Madden...

This is a discussion on NCAA or Madden... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
NCAA or Madden...

Let me start of by saying I currently have APF and I love the game play. However, as a primary offline gamer, I feel APF is quite shallow, feeling more like a collection of exhibition games rather then a true season. So I am trying to decide which of these to pick up and would like opinions from those who have played both. As for my gaming preferences: Gameplay is of utmost importance but presentation/immersion is a VERY close second. Also, I love College/Pro football equally, much to my wife's dismay during football season. You guys probably get tired of these threads but the fact is , it cost $9 to rent a game these days. Absurd if you ask me but that is another story... I would rather not spend $18 renting both and then turn around and purchase one for$45 used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA or Madden...

I am in the same boat. College and the NFL doesnt really matter to me. I just wnat the best football game this year. Which one is it? I'd really like to know the answer to this. So people that have both please give your thoughts. I already purchased NCAA and I'm on the fence about getting madden for $60 more but if it's better i will in a heartbeat.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I've always though that Madden was a step ahead (or year ahead) of the NCAA game of the same year. I've never felt that NCAA surpasses the same year Madden game. I don't think this year will be different. For me I've always got NCAA to "prepare" for Madden.

I do however enjoy NFL a lot better, maybe the "atmosphere and rivalry" isn't the same, but I do believe it's a superior game with superior athletes so I'm obviously biased towards the NFL over NCAA, however that being I feel that Madden is the superior game year-in-year out and a lot of gamers feel the same way.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

On the PS2 the games evolved separately over time. Madden and NCAA had a different feel with different features. It seems this time they are trying to keep the games very similar on the PS3/360 but one being college and the other being the NFL. I think its safe to assume that Madden will be very similar to NCAA (I only have NCAA) with a little more polish as it has more resources. I think you might be disappointed with the presentation in Madden since NCAA at least has good commentary. I have read that you have more control over your passes in Madden so that might push you in that direction.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

The Dynasty mode in NCAA is superior to anything Madden throws at you as far as being a franchise.

Just something to keep in mind.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Whats the difference between Madden and NCAA?

They tend to be virtually the same game every year with Madden being slightly more polished. Its like they do that on purpose for some reason.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Let me start of by saying I currently have APF and I love the game play. However, as a primary offline gamer, I feel APF is quite shallow, feeling more like a collection of exhibition games rather then a true season. So I am trying to decide which of these to pick up and would like opinions from those who have played both. As for my gaming preferences: Gameplay is of utmost importance but presentation/immersion is a VERY close second. Also, I love College/Pro football equally, much to my wife's dismay during football season. You guys probably get tired of these threads but the fact is , it cost $9 to rent a game these days. Absurd if you ask me but that is another story... I would rather not spend $18 renting both and then turn around and purchase one for$45 used.

Im in the same boat as you Finn. Havent bought a madden or NCAA football since madden 04 and ncaa 04. Madden or NCAA!?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The fact people are posting that Madden runs faster than NCAA and has much better control over your passes has me intrigued. However, I still refuse to put up with that lousy commentary. I also like the dynasty aspect of NCAA although I wish they would have a "simple" recruiting option. It takes too much time for my liking this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »