Home

Next Gen Football...Puu lease

This is a discussion on Next Gen Football...Puu lease within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #17
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

The unspoken truth about nexgen gaming is that we want Toy Story graphics for our new consoles and computers, but those graphics can only be had on the most expensive graphics workstations. There is no way we can get the kind of quality in the Madden CGI video of a couple of years ago on our 360/PS3. This sort of reminds me of my early days of computer gaming. I'd pick up a game box in the store, and on the back I'd see pictures of outstanding graphics, only to be disappointed when I got home for all my pc could muster was a flimsy 16 color mode.

We see some pretty neat stuff in the CGI videos that are a part of a lot of games. What we surely need for nexgen gaming is the workstation that produced those graphics. But I am certain we will not be able to afford it. The 360 and PS3 is the best we can have right now.

Our nexgen expectations are far ahead of what nexgen actually is. And that's probably our biggest problem right now.
Bubba4
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
The unspoken truth about nexgen gaming is that we want Toy Story graphics for our new consoles and computers, but those graphics can only be had on the most expensive graphics workstations. There is no way we can get the kind of quality in the Madden CGI video of a couple of years ago on our 360/PS3. This sort of reminds me of my early days of computer gaming. I'd pick up a game box in the store, and on the back I'd see pictures of outstanding graphics, only to be disappointed when I got home for all my pc could muster was a flimsy 16 color mode.

We see some pretty neat stuff in the CGI videos that are a part of a lot of games. What we surely need for nexgen gaming is the workstation that produced those graphics. But I am certain we will not be able to afford it. The 360 and PS3 is the best we can have right now.

Our nexgen expectations are far ahead of what nexgen actually is. And that's probably our biggest problem right now.
Bubba4

Well said

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

That's probably true, Bubba.

But the reason we feel that way is because past gens have taught us to expect to be blown away. I remember going insane when I turned on my first Genesis game, Altered Beast. I couldn't believe what I saw on my TV screen.

What I'd like to see is the GTA-imitation Coca Cola commerical graphics in a game. I think it's doable.

Those workstations may be too $$$ right now, but rapid advances in technology will make them affordable one day. Just look at the history of PCs.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4

Bubba4
Unfortunately a big majority of those expectations are fueled by marketing and hype generated by those same companies.

It's hard not to get swept up when this sort of hobby is shared by so many people. So you can either set up yourself up for disappointment with too high of expectations fueled by those external forces, or you temper those emotions and play the game.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

First off, I absolutely adore my 360 and I know it's way ahead of my LG Xbox.

Now, my only issue is why it's the 3rd Madden installment on CG and all of the features from LG are not in the game. It is my opinion that all features from LG should have been in the first CG iteration which was Madden 06. IMO, by the time the CG feature set catches up with LG feature set it'll be time for the new NG and we'll be starting all over again.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Switch)
NBA 2K20 (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #22
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

i remember hearing and reading about "next gen" and having them say... "movie quality gaming" meaing that you werent going to be able to tell the diff between if you were watching a movie and playing a video game. well again it was just more salesmanship, and i doubt highly that halo three for the 360 and the game that looked sooo good in videos for the ps3 the one with solid snake in it... will PALE in comparrision to what we saw in those movies...

because that is exactly what they are movies not actual screen shots of game play videos. the only way we will see "movie style" stuff out of our systems is if we are able to have ailenware systems as our consoles with the top end video cards installed... and priced to sell... but they wont do that...

think about it people we game on gaming systems that are YEARS ago old speed wise... my first computer back in 1994 was the same pross speed as a ps2 2was at its launch. 333 mghtz

if it is true that our tech is ages old with in months of it being put out on our computers why is it we have to game on systems that are GENERATIONS behind current tech... this is ridiculous... use your heads and think
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I think some of the next gen stuff is pretty impressive. The Strahan commercial ruined some of our expectations. THat and EA saying that what they're doing looks BETTER than that. Plus we see stupid Fake Killzone videos at E3 which raises the bar TOO high.

I think the 360 is a great system....when it works. But we're years away from having graphics look like the tech demo's of today.

But I too was an Atari 2600 gamer...hell I was a Pong gamer. So I still get amazed at the stuff going on today.

I think you just need a 360 Mo!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #24
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9

I was actually just thinking about this but my frame of mind is more, what's actually the difference between this and the first PS2 or even PS1 game, better graphics and more animations...that's it. Besides tweaking the AI year to year it's been the same game since they went to 3d. I'm not a game designer, I really don't know anything about computers and I dont really have any of my own ideas but come on, they jumped to next gen and just did the exact same thing. It's like their terrified to try anything even slightly new, wow hit stick 2.0 that's brilliant, yay new ratings it only took you 15 years to upgrade from strength, speed, acceleration etc.

I'm not trying to bash Madden or next gen, if I had the money I'd be playing madden on my 360 or PS3 but I don't. I still bought the XBox version on release day and probably won't put it away for good again until April or May. All I'm saying is except for NHL '08 I'm not dying to get a next gen console for any sports game, they just haven't given me a reason yet besides it looks better. Plus I think it's ridiculous that this is year 3 year and their still trying to put everything in that has been on xbox or PS2 for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »