Home

Next Gen Football...Puu lease

This is a discussion on Next Gen Football...Puu lease within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #25
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

Me, personally I can't say the leap is as great as the ps2/xbox generation, but alot of the next gen features are more subtle things. HD also makes a big difference, and still alot of people haven't made that leap either. I'm totally satisfied with next gen so far(360 wise, not PS3 yet).

With games like College Hoops,(MLB2k has the next gen graphics DOWN) NBA2k and the NHL series EA makes I think sports games are just going to keep getting better. I think Madden hasnt totally made the leap because the compitition was silenced and also Madden is made for every console known to man,lol, so I think the focus on next gen is not as strong as it could be. I just think it will keep getting better and better. Also maybe cause I'm a videogame fanatic, Imma fan of damn near everything. We've come a long way since atari, nintendo and genesis, and I'm still amazed. I love it all.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 08-15-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #26
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

There are devs that are taking advantage of the new systems, and some are not. It can be argued that neither EA nor 2k are taking advantage in their football games.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
Unfortunately a big majority of those expectations are fueled by marketing and hype generated by those same companies.

It's hard not to get swept up when this sort of hobby is shared by so many people. So you can either set up yourself up for disappointment with too high of expectations fueled by those external forces, or you temper those emotions and play the game.

Well put. More than anything, we are all spoiled. We EXPECT the world and are preterbed when its not delivered. We live in an On-Demand, get it now, have it all right now society. I'm sorry, i've got to dis-agree that the 360 and PS3 are only minor advancements in the gaming evolution. It is not fair to compare these machines to any of the CG things we see in movies and the like. Maybe one day, but lets face it, $400 for a video game system that plays movies, music and downloads content is a good price. Anyone remember when DVD players were $1,000 and VCR's were only for the upper-class. Give it time my friends. I'm sure we WILL be blown away soon enough by what these systems can do.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
Well put. More than anything, we are all spoiled. We EXPECT the world and are preterbed when its not delivered. We live in an On-Demand, get it now, have it all right now society. I'm sorry, i've got to dis-agree that the 360 and PS3 are only minor advancements in the gaming evolution. It is not fair to compare these machines to any of the CG things we see in movies and the like. Maybe one day, but lets face it, $400 for a video game system that plays movies, music and downloads content is a good price. Anyone remember when DVD players were $1,000 and VCR's were only for the upper-class. Give it time my friends. I'm sure we WILL be blown away soon enough by what these systems can do.
Co-Sign

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Like I said before, Sports Gaming will always fall behind other Gaming Genre's because Sports Gaming Titles are put out every year, while a series like Splinter Cell, or Gears of War are put out every 18-24 months
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #30
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Damn, there are a lot of 2k fanboys trolling this forum. If 2k is so good of a game why all the trolling on this forum?

It needs to stop Madden is a sweet game and just because 2k doesn't have the NFL license why do ppl think it is their sole purpose on earth to try to make Madden fans feel bad?

So childish.

Were you guys expecting Jesus to jump out of the console or something? Gaming is evolving so fast look at 10 years ago compared to now, night and day, 10 years from now we will say the same.

Is it your biggest goal in life to bash a video game you don't like?? Wow.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-15-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
The problem is that all previous console generations have blown us away from day #1. We expect great things because great things were delivered to us in the past (granted, without tons of trailers, preview vids, and message board hype back in the day). This time around, that wasn't the case re: initial console performance. Why pay the huge up-front costs to adopt early when developers aren't even on top of the systems yet? I'm glad I demo'd both the Ps3 and 360 heavily, and learned that they weren't worth the early purchase (for me). Of course some of the blame is to be shared with console-makers themselves and the dev kits (or lack of dev kits) that were circulated.

MaddenMan, this isn't a 2K v. Madden thread - I have no clue why some version APF 2K8 wasn't released on at least the XBOX - it certainly isn't a complete next-gen title.

Honestly, I think that the PS3 / 360 / Wii gen came too early. Xbox was really hitting its stride, and the continued success of the PS2 demonstrates that perhaps the console makers should have held off. A Wii released in 07 or 08 would likely have much better graphics (although I can't blame Nintendo for releasing the Wii when they did - GC's time had run out, unlike Xbox and Ps2).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Damn, there are a lot of 2k fanboys trolling this forum. If 2k is so good of a game why all the trolling n this forum?
It needs to stop Madden is a sweet game.
Just how does commenting on LG vs CG make anyone here a 2k fanboy? Totally unnecessary comment!

At any rate, I agree with jrod1981 comment. In time, if we can remain patient, I think we will see some amazing things. Just remember, as someone else stated, the developers of these games are responsible for pushing these machines to the limit, and with that in mind we will continue to see games that blow us away, while at the same time others that remain mediocre and appear behind the times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »