Home

Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Damn, there are a lot of 2k fanboys trolling this forum. If 2k is so good of a game why all the trolling on this forum?

It needs to stop Madden is a sweet game and just because 2k doesn't have the NFL license why do ppl think it is their sole purpose on earth to try to make Madden fans feel bad?

So childish.

Were you guys expecting Jesus to jump out of the console or something? Gaming is evolving so fast look at 10 years ago compared to now, night and day, 10 years from now we will say the same.

Is it your biggest goal in life to bash a video game you don't like?? Wow.
..... .....
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #34
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Damn, there are a lot of 2k fanboys trolling this forum. If 2k is so good of a game why all the trolling on this forum?

It needs to stop Madden is a sweet game and just because 2k doesn't have the NFL license why do ppl think it is their sole purpose on earth to try to make Madden fans feel bad?

So childish.

Were you guys expecting Jesus to jump out of the console or something? Gaming is evolving so fast look at 10 years ago compared to now, night and day, 10 years from now we will say the same.

At what point did this become a madden vs 2k thread? Granted it might be in the wrong forum, but I havent found any harm is this type of discussion.

Next time, please stay on topic, instead of going off on a tangent. it seems the minute you see something that might involve talking about a game's criticisms, in this case madden's, you are the one going off the deep end.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really dont understand why 08 still has hunchback looking players and horrible qb animations as well as running animations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

So childish.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I'm sorry, but these next gen consoles are nothing more than xbox .5 or PS2.5...i mean we should be getting 60fps on ALL NG consoles, dynamic lighting,no stutter AT ALL! I dunno man, i just can't believe y'alls settling for this crap. i I've been a DIEHARD gamer since the ATARI days, and i guess my expectations are set WAY too high for Next Gen. Yall remember that screen of Strahan a couple of years back...they STILL haven't come close to those graphics imo...I can't believe they're callin' this stuff Next Gen...Rant Over
I agree with you 100%. And clearly, developers were not ready for the jump. Even with Madden '08 as good as it is, you can see some technical flaws that make you scratch your head... and that's on the 360 version.

Some people's expectations are too low; they are easily impressed by simple things. I admire those types, but I expect to get a lot more when I spend a lot more (even though I'm always getting deals and discounts, lol).

What really pisses me off is that games continue to hit the market that lack something we loved in previous versions or from the last generation. More than ever, I find that too much time is being spent on "new" features that are just gimmicks, unnecessary, or altogether garbage. Take the Weapons feature in Madden... it's nonsense. A person can slice it up 8 ways to Sunday if they like. I don't care; it's nonsense. When I turned the game on for the first time, the first thing I did was go into the gameplay menu and turn weapons off and I haven't missed it for one second. All EA had to do was make sure the guys play like they're supposed to, we didn't need more junk on the field so people who know nothing about the NFL can feel more comfortable, lol. With all the time and effort that went into that, what got neglected? It's anyone's guess, but progressive stadium shadows sounds like a good place to start. Maybe a tackle-breaking/bring down system? Whatever it was, Weapons didn't need to get any attention.

I don't know what the next generation after 360 and PS3 will hold, but I hope developers AND console makers get their acts together by then.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #38
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Decent discussion, but I am going to move it to the football other forum as this is more of a console discussion more than Madden.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #39
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
Motown, although you probably put it a bit too strongly, I couldn't agree with you more. PS3 and 360 are major letdowns. I've been gaming since the 2600 as well, and thus far in video game history, the generation that we are in now represents the smallest leap in improvement from the previous generation. At this time around, things are more expensive than ever. That's why I am favoring the Wii thus far - mediocre graphics are a reality, but at least you are getting something truly "next gen" with the controls.
I agree that this has been a smaller leap of improvement than in the past. Its partially due to the fact the PS2/XBox were already pretty darn good. I think the high price of these consoles in combination with games that weren't that great have led to a sluggish start. Its taken Madden three years to get the game half decent and actually over take the PS2 in sales. That's far longer than in the past.

I think these consoles will last even longer though than normal because the next jump to the PS4 will be even smaller than this. The graphics are almost life like already and when you play from the gameplay cameras which are zoomed out, you can't even appreciate all of the detail. Graphical improvements are getting minimized which is a big reason why next gen sales are slower and will be even slower for the next leap.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #40
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I agree with you 100%. And clearly, developers were not ready for the jump. Even with Madden '08 as good as it is, you can see some technical flaws that make you scratch your head... and that's on the 360 version.

Some people's expectations are too low; they are easily impressed by simple things. I admire those types, but I expect to get a lot more when I spend a lot more (even though I'm always getting deals and discounts, lol).

What really pisses me off is that games continue to hit the market that lack something we loved in previous versions or from the last generation. More than ever, I find that too much time is being spent on "new" features that are just gimmicks, unnecessary, or altogether garbage. Take the Weapons feature in Madden... it's nonsense. A person can slice it up 8 ways to Sunday if they like. I don't care; it's nonsense. When I turned the game on for the first time, the first thing I did was go into the gameplay menu and turn weapons off and I haven't missed it for one second. All EA had to do was make sure the guys play like they're supposed to, we didn't need more junk on the field so people who know nothing about the NFL can feel more comfortable, lol. With all the time and effort that went into that, what got neglected? It's anyone's guess, but progressive stadium shadows sounds like a good place to start. Maybe a tackle-breaking/bring down system? Whatever it was, Weapons didn't need to get any attention.

I don't know what the next generation after 360 and PS3 will hold, but I hope developers AND console makers get their acts together by then.
Exactly^^^ I mean it's ALWAYS well we gotta take away this to get these graphics or yada,yada,yada...these machines were advertised to be 5X more powerful than current systems...i'm certainly not seeing it. if anything they're takin' away more to get less imo. as much as these systems are costing, you would certainly think we'd get what we pay for...ya think?
for instance...yeah i'm a huge graphics ho, but WHY would you take dynamic lighting out of 08...it was there in 07! THESE DAMN CONSOLES SHOULD HANDLE THAT...& THEN SOME!

and yeah PS3ers...there's no damn reason why y'all should be running @ 30fps...
there's no use to ramble on w/ this...i for one am not seeing any next gen
football...not yet.

and Jistic...is it pretty easy to adapt to the 360 controllers from PS?
i'm startin' to think that the 360 was MADE for sports gaming. i dunno

Last edited by Motown; 08-15-2007 at 07:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »