Home

Wouldn't be GREAT if EA bought VC...

This is a discussion on Wouldn't be GREAT if EA bought VC... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Wouldn't be GREAT if EA bought VC...

...to handle Head Coach and the Arena games?

Imagine the NFL Coach game played in VC's great TV mode, or a first person coaching cam, with all ESPN stuff, the weekly wrap-ups, the weekly prep, and all the sideline cutscenes and interactions from 2k5?

Then imagine how much life the VC football engine would breathe into the Arena game...with First-person football brought back?

If I were Peter Moore, I'd spend whatever it takes to get VC on board, and instead of shutting them down, just have "2k" line of games similar to the EA Big brand, except these would focus on hardcore simulation vs over-the-top arcade.

Sigh...I can wish right?

***Wrong Forum***meant to put this in the Football (other) forum. Sorry about that...if a mod could kick this out of here I'd appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Wouldn't be GREAT if EA bought VC...

No it wouldn't be great at all.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Moving to Football (other)..
Old 08-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

So let me get this straight:

You want a company who just released a game that literally had features limited to "quick play", "online play", and "quick play 16 teams in a certain order" to make a game with 0 gameplay which focuses entirely on features?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier

You want a company who just released a game that literally had features limited to "quick play", "online play", and "quick play 16 teams in a certain order" to make a game with 0 gameplay which focuses entirely on features?
If VC never made a game with a franchise then All Pro not having that stuff would be something to worry about. But since people complain about their franchise all the time I doubt anyone would want them to make a head coach game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
...to handle Head Coach and the Arena games?

Imagine the NFL Coach game played in VC's great TV mode, or a first person coaching cam, with all ESPN stuff, the weekly wrap-ups, the weekly prep, and all the sideline cutscenes and interactions from 2k5?

Then imagine how much life the VC football engine would breathe into the Arena game...with First-person football brought back?

If I were Peter Moore, I'd spend whatever it takes to get VC on board, and instead of shutting them down, just have "2k" line of games similar to the EA Big brand, except these would focus on hardcore simulation vs over-the-top arcade.

Sigh...I can wish right?

***Wrong Forum***meant to put this in the Football (other) forum. Sorry about that...if a mod could kick this out of here I'd appreciate it.
EA would only buy VC to shut them down or drive them into the ground, like they've done to numerous other developers they've bought.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 AM   #7
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier

That same company also released a game with a fully-featured dynasty mode, and what was at the time the deepest gameweek prep system ever to grace a console, and they did that 3 full years ago. Don't let VC's fear of pissing off the NFL and only having a year to get the game up and running on next gen systems as some lack of ability to do "features". They definitly have the talent to do a "The Life" style system based on the crib as a foundation, which was also a first. And if they can come up with something as revolutionary as FPF, I'm pretty sure they can implement something slick featuring first-person sideline activity. The arena game would feature the gameplay, and if VC had no fear of overstepping infingement laws (since EA owns the NFL rights) the Arena game could have a logo creator and the same uni editor, so if people wanted to twist the arena title into NFL2K9, they could.

Bottom line is that as much as we love VC, Take Two still doesn't make a ton of money on the sports titles, and EA backing would at least give these devs some real stability...and EA would be stupid to deny these franchises have a harcore, loyal base who will always support their products....and there is no reason they wouldn't be intersted in making even MORE money on the NFL license, considering both HC and Arena sold like sh!t...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 08-12-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No it wouldn't be great at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »