Home

Next Gen Football...Puu lease

This is a discussion on Next Gen Football...Puu lease within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Next Gen Football...Puu lease

I'm sorry, but these next gen consoles are nothing more than xbox .5 or PS2.5...i mean we should be getting 60fps on ALL NG consoles, dynamic lighting,no stutter AT ALL! I dunno man, i just can't believe y'alls settling for this crap. i I've been a DIEHARD gamer since the ATARI days, and i guess my expectations are set WAY too high for Next Gen. Yall remember that screen of Strahan a couple of years back...they STILL haven't come close to those graphics imo...I can't believe they're callin' this stuff Next Gen...Rant Over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

for me the jump is fine. i just wanted to see no jaggies and smooth gameplay with a minor graphical upgrade that allowed the current gen gameplay to be higlighted with better animations.

Madden 08 is great
Old 08-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

We've gotten much better graphics and the games are evolving into much better gameplay than what ever was on the last gen. I don't know what more you want.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
for me the jump is fine. i just wanted to see no jaggies and smooth gameplay with a minor graphical upgrade that allowed the current gen gameplay to be higlighted with better animations.

Madden 08 is great
Can't be much of a jump Tomba w/ no dynamic lighting, dynamic weather...there shouldn't be a problem incorporating these features w/ something takin' a hit...nah what im' sayin'
Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Motown, although you probably put it a bit too strongly, I couldn't agree with you more. PS3 and 360 are major letdowns. I've been gaming since the 2600 as well, and thus far in video game history, the generation that we are in now represents the smallest leap in improvement from the previous generation. At this time around, things are more expensive than ever. That's why I am favoring the Wii thus far - mediocre graphics are a reality, but at least you are getting something truly "next gen" with the controls.

Hopefully more titles like GEOW and GRAW drop and become the rule, rather than the exception. We still haven't witnessed any amazing sports games that are actually "next gen." I think that Wii Madden is almost there (because of the controls - I base this only off 07, haven't played 08 just yet) and Wii Sports gives you a glimpse into what the potential could be . . . the NBA 2K series certainly is poised to make a huge leap as well . . . but we just haven't seen a true "next gen" sports title yet. I'm looking for either a game with mind-blowing graphics AND unprecedented features . . . or a title on the Wii that gives you ridiculously realistic and precise motion controls (perhaps integrating the Wii Fit balance board in the process, or strapping on WiiMotes to your hands and feet to capture full body movement).

I'm with ya, Motown . . . although some people don't want to hear it. When you have to shell out $$$ for the big price tags, you should have strong expectations. Nothing wrong with that. And after all, video game history has taught us to expect monster leaps between generations. Perhaps those days are over. Has the bar has been raised too high to get those kinds of major transitional improvements?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Rookie

iowaboy85's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
nah what im' sayin'
what the hell is this suppose to mean?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Sports games will never look like that "Strahan/McNabb CGI CLIP" we saw a couple of years ago. Reason being there's just to much stuff happening all @ 1 time in reference to Sports Games, specifically FOOTBALL.

Secondly, Sports Games are spit-out yearly, compared to non-sports game, which gives the developer's more time to add such things as "Dynamic Lighting" "Self-Shadowing" etc, etc.

Unfortunately that's the nature of the Sports Gaming Genre
Old 08-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

These rants that "its not next gen football" don't really make sense to me. I mean what is next gen football? I am very pleased with Madden this year. Yes there are a few things, some of them you mentioned, that I would like to see added, but its all in due time. The gameplay this year is second to none and that is good enough for me. If thats settlin', then so be it. But I am happy and having fun and to me thats all that matters.

And one other thing, I remember people saying the same thing back when the jump was made from PS1 to PS2.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »