Home

2007 High School Football Season

This is a discussion on 2007 High School Football Season within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #33
Pro

davehughes14's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2007 High School Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Damn, I missed this for awhile.

So far, my high school team, the Bloomsburg Panthers, are 4-0. In Pennsylvania the classes are separated into A, AA, AAA, and AAAA, with us being in A. As of last week, we are ranked 3rd in the state in A on one site, and ranked 5th in Class A by another. This year is the first year that we've been so good. We're loaded with seniors, and had 19 of 22 starters returning from last year's team.

2 weeks ago, we played defending Class A state champion Southern Columbia, who is in our district. They're the dynasty of the area. You could talk about all four classes, and Southern probably has the most success of any team in the area, probably even the state, in the last 15 years. They've won 6 state championships (1994, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006), and they've won the East and have appeared in 12 of the last 13 state championship games (1994-96, 98-2006). Not to mention they've won our district every year since 1991. They had two players go D-1 last year, one to Pitt and the other to Penn State. This year, people were actually giving us a chance, but still doubting us for the most part. We shocked just about everybody and shut them out, 19-0.

I think the most amazing part about this are some of the facts that came out of the win:

- It was Bloomsburg's first win against Southern since 1984 when the Panthers won 48-6.

- It was the first shutout loss for Southern since week 3 of 2002 against eventual PIAA "AA" State Champion Mount Carmel (42-0).

- It was the first loss for Southern to another "A" team since the 2001 PIAA State Final against Rochester (16-0).

- It was the first shutout loss for Southern to another "A" team since the 2001 PIAA State Final against Rochester (16-0).

- It was the first regular season loss for Southern to another "A" team since week 10 of 1993 against eventual PIAA "A" State Runner-up South Williamsport (17-14).

- It was the first regular season shutout loss to another "A" team since week 9 of 1987 against Tri-Valley (33-0).

The fact that they hadn't lost in the regular season to a team in their own class in 14 years is amazing to me, and it feels really damn good that we were the team to end the streak.
Nice write up JJ. PA HS football is great. I live in WI now, but I grew up about 40 minutes north of Bloomsburg in Scranton.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #34
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehughes14
Nice write up JJ. PA HS football is great. I live in WI now, but I grew up about 40 minutes north of Bloomsburg in Scranton.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way!
It really is great, I love it.

Since I posted that, we lost to AA Mount Carmel 26-14, and then last night we beat our rival Central Columbia 42-6. Last night, our RB had 203 yards and 5 TD's, it was pretty crazy. Right now we're ranked anywhere from 3rd to 6th in Class A depending on the poll.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #35
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

My school won again last night on the road, 34-0. They'll be #5 in 6A(which is the largest classification in the state) and sitting at 6-0. So far this year they've outscored their opponent 209 to 42. Next week they play the #9 team in 6A. Then their last regular season game is at the #7 team in 6A. Should be pretty interesting to see how they do in these last 4 reg season games.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #36
Pro

davehughes14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
It really is great, I love it.

Since I posted that, we lost to AA Mount Carmel 26-14, and then last night we beat our rival Central Columbia 42-6. Last night, our RB had 203 yards and 5 TD's, it was pretty crazy. Right now we're ranked anywhere from 3rd to 6th in Class A depending on the poll.
I remember Mount Carmel being a traditional powerhouse back in the 90's. Them and Marian Catholic. Didn't get to see alot of them back then though because my high school didn't compete against them.

Is the Harrisburg Patriot News Poll still used as the predominant poll in PA?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #37
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Cincinnati St. Xavier's starting QB (a senior) tore his ACL over the weekend against Cleveland St. Ed's and is out for the year. His replacement is supposed to be pretty good but it's still a big blow for the Bombers.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...0101/310150050
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #38
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehughes14
I remember Mount Carmel being a traditional powerhouse back in the 90's. Them and Marian Catholic. Didn't get to see alot of them back then though because my high school didn't compete against them.

Is the Harrisburg Patriot News Poll still used as the predominant poll in PA?
Yeah, MCA was pretty sick, even in the early 2000's. They've fallen off a little bit, but they're still a very good team.

And yeah, Patriot News is the main poll, which we (6-1) are currently ranked 3rd in. We're 2nd in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's poll also.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #39
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

Just felt like bringing this back from the dead:

My school, Bloomsburg, is currently 11-1 and just won our district and have advanced to the state playoffs. It's the first district championship in our school's history, and is the first district championship by a team other than Southern Columbia since 1990.

We had a bit of a nailbiter last week (won 14-12). Line Mountain, the team we played, ran a veer offense, which to my knowledge is basically a Wing T setup but instead uses the option and goes to the outside. It took us awhile to get used to it, but once we did we shut them down.

We need to win 3 more games to get to the state championship, 4 to win it. I have a good feeling that we can make it.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

MONTOUR SPARTANS BABY... AAA Championship vs Thomas Jefferson at Heinz Field tomorrow !!!

You guys might actually know my school if you watched ESPN a couple years ago, we had a reality tv show called bound for glory. We haven't made the playoffs since 92' but this year we are 12-0 out of nowhere ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »