Home

2007 High School Football Season

This is a discussion on 2007 High School Football Season within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #49
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2007 High School Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I know this hasn't been posted in in almost 8 months, but I was looking back at stuff about our team and also saw that I stopped posting after we were 11-1.

We made it to the East Final, the game before the state title, and lost to Steelton-Highspire (around Harrisburg) 28-14 and wound up with a 13-2 record, easily the best in school history. We were up 14-7 and then made a bunch of mistakes that cost us, and it didn't help that Steel-High has 5 D-I prospects which is amazing for a Single A school. Their RB, Jeremiah Young (remember that name recruiting gurus), rushed for almost 300 yards in the game and had something like 3,400 on the year. He's coming back next year and I feel really bad for all the teams that play against him.

It was a crazy amazing season, and I'd love to be able to watch every game again. To be a part of that, even just as a fan, was sick. No team in our school history ever came close to doing anything like that, none even won a league or district title (in PA it goes league, district, region, state in order of significance), and we did both. We graduated pretty much everybody but still have some good guys left, so we should be decent next year.

Some kid that still goes to my school made a sweet video with clips from last season. Steel-High is the team with the blue jerseys and silver pants and helmets.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-jZ5L6ykOgY
Ya... Steel-High was pretty good... they kept the WPIAL from sweeping the state titles this year. All those yards by that runningback are just ridiculous.

I just have trouble watching A and AA football in PA. I mean, it's decent... the level of football in PA is very high and there are always great teams, good talent and fun games.

A few years ago when South Park won the AA state title, they had a couple of ridiculous athletes. Connor Dixon was their QB... he's currently on Michigan State's roster. They also had Tyler Scruggs, 2005 AA football player of the year in PA, who, last I heard, was playing baseball for WVU. I played against both of them in peewee football.

...But when AAA and AAAA are basically like watching small college ball, it's hard to get into A and AA.

I went to a AAA school in the WPIAL, and I've watched and even played against a decent number of D-1 athletes.

Did you happen to see the AAAA WPIAL Championship this past year? It actually made the SportsCenter top ten... number 2 or 1... I forget which. It was a crazy game... Gateway (Justin King's high school) vs. Pittsburgh Central Catholic (Dan Marino, Marc Bulger). That game was LOADED with D-1 football players.

Man, I miss high school football... I have to find a way to get to some State College High School games this season.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #50
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I play on my school's team.
We are a member of SPC (Southwest Preparatory Conference) it consists of my school in Tulsa (Holland Hall), a school in Oklahoma City, and various schools in Dallas and Houston. Basically if we were in the State system we would be 2a-3a.
Last year we lost our first game 0-7 to our across town arch-rival Cascia Hall. It was upsetting because it came down to just a couple of our defensive plays.

From there we won 6 straight games until facing St. Marks in Dallas. The clobbered us with their spread offense. It was upsetting.

We beat our rival in Oklahoma City and had a match-up against St. Marks again in their home field for revenge in the champioship game. We lost, again, badly.

So we got second in our conference. Not good enough, let's just say the all off-season workouts have been hell. We will be ready for next year.

So, we play Cascia Hall on a Thursday Night to open our season, and it will be broadcast throughout the whole state. Can't wait.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Ya... Steel-High was pretty good... they kept the WPIAL from sweeping the state titles this year. All those yards by that runningback are just ridiculous.

I just have trouble watching A and AA football in PA. I mean, it's decent... the level of football in PA is very high and there are always great teams, good talent and fun games.
Our game against Steel-High was about as quality as you can get...they had several D-I prospects and were fast as hell, and our offense and defense were nasty. We could go a legit 5 wide at times, had a 2,000 yard passer, 3 different 500+ yard receivers, and a 1,200 yard rusher. Our D was only allowing like 8 points a game or something like that. I think either team could have played in AA and held their own.

Then sometimes you have freakshow teams at A, like Southern Columbia in 2006 when they had 2 guys go D-I, and high major D-I at that (Pitt and PSU). They also had a guy like 6 years ago that went to Notre Dame.

Last edited by BunnyHardaway; 07-11-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

How ironic. My alma mater is Harding Academy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »