Home

Post-Football bitterness...

This is a discussion on Post-Football bitterness... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Post-Football bitterness...

It kinda sucked to watch our HS football games this year because I knew I could have been starting at WR. I played football sophomore year after not playing as a freshman and started at WR on JV but then quit since our team sucked so much and I'm on basketball too. This year is my senior year and our football team went 0-10 so I'm kinda glad that I didn't play but it kinda sucked watching the games knowing I was 10x better than anyone of our WRs. The problem with my school is that none of the good athletes play football. Half of my basketball team could probably start on the football team but nobody wants to play because the coaches suck and we always lose. I think I was better off not playing though since I'm on Varsity basketball this year so I'd rather focus on that where we actually can compete and won't lose every game.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #50
Rookie

duke41's Arena

OVR: 4

i also play on a really bad team we went 0-8 or 0-9 this year and 3-6 last year, this was my junior year, and i've played varsity since my sophomore year, i'm 5'8 155 can bench 215-225, 225 before i broke my finger,i played the whole year with a broken finger, and also a bone partially sticking out of my forearm, squat 315, but am kind of slow(5.0 forty). I was stronger than every single lineman we had, which is terribly pathetic, i started 2 or 3 games at corner, and went in for the entire second half of one game late in the year when one corner hurt his collarbone and made 4 solo tackles and 1 or 2 assists, playing the entire second half with what i found out was a severely bruised kidney, and i just thought was a tweaked back.I also was an up back on punt, front line on kick return, hands team, and on kickoff. I played in every game as a sophomore and had 3 solos in 5 minutes in one game, but i mostly played on special teams. Anyway, our strength coach suggested to our coaching staff before this year that i play guard or d-line, (nose guard), which needless to say didn't happen. I was also the backup fullback, even though i never even got carries during practice, i played guard for scout o, and consistently held my own with our 275lbs worthless starting nose guard who had 5 tackles the whole year ,when i didnt start at guard? I got the chance to play nose in one practice and managed to have two sacks, and never saw nose in practice or a game again. Our defensive and offensive coordinators and our line coach all thought i could play line, our d coordinator even told me he was going to start me at nose our first game, but that was nixed by our head coach, who hasnt been a fan of me since i was 9 and he was my little league coach. Our strength coach told me after the season that i shouldnt have played corner, because it was a position where i wouldn't have any success, and that every coach liked me and wanted me to play more , everone except the head coach who he said just flat out didnt like me, and that i would never get my shot at playing as much as i should unless our coach got fired or my dad raised hell, rumors are flying that our coach is as good as gone, but i dont want my dad to talk to anyone about it because if i get my shot, i want to know i did it all myself. I know i'm not the best player, and i know i sometimes **** up, but i was wondering what you guys think.

Sorry this is mad long
Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #51
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Damn you can bench press 225, but can't squat past 315?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #52
Rookie

duke41's Arena

OVR: 4

i probably could, thats what i can max . Before the season it was higher than that but we barely ever did squats because our coaches are ********, not to mention that im not exactly a big kid, im 5'8 and i look like im not that strong i'm not jacked out of my mind. During the winter before this year i maxed out at 365 on squat, but i went down because our coaches dont like us doing squats all the time, which is dumb

Last edited by duke41; 11-18-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #53
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »