Home

***Official Backbreaker Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Backbreaker Thread*** within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #73
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official Backbreaker Thread***

Im excited about the release date. It's coming 2 months BEFORE Madden. Hopefully thats enough time that it can get its name out there and take away from some madden sales. That's assuming it is a quality, purchase worthy game.

That's part of where 2K went wrong with APF. It came out around the same time as madden, if it would have came out 2 months before I would have for sure purchased it upon release. Instead I bought it 2 weeks ago for $10.

If this game is fully customizable to the point to create custom logos and any uniform/stadium, and edit all players, there will be absolutely no need to ever deal with Madden garbage again. I have so much hate for anyone that has to do with the creation of madden, I feel they robbed me and anybody else who purchased that crap for $60. They just lie every year so we'll say, "maybe this is the year," only to spit in our faces.

Last edited by Benz87; 02-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #74
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
Im excited about the release date. It's coming 2 months BEFORE Madden. Hopefully thats enough time that it can get its name out there and take away from some madden sales. That's assuming it is a quality, purchase worthy game.

That's part of where 2K went wrong with APF. It came out around the same time as madden, if it would have came out 2 months before I would have for sure purchased it upon release. Instead I bought it 2 weeks ago for $10.

If this game is fully customizable to the point to create custom logos and any uniform/stadium, and edit all players, there will be absolutely no need to ever deal with Madden garbage again. I have so much hate for anyone that has to do with the creation of madden, I feel they robbed me and anybody else who purchased that crap for $60. They just lie every year so we'll say, "maybe this is the year," only to spit in our faces.
how do you know that?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #75
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
If this game is fully customizable to the point to create custom logos and any uniform/stadium, and edit all players, there will be absolutely no need to ever deal with Madden garbage again.
Those are big if's

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #76
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
how do you know that?
i read its rumored to be june 15th, Madden comes out begining of August.

Has anyone seen anything about this game being a sim football game?

Some of the screens look arcadish.

Last edited by Benz87; 02-08-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

With the re-upping of the NFL for Ea....I really feel like Obi-Wan looking for Luke.....Backbreaker is my last hope......
Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister8578
With the re-upping of the NFL for Ea....I really feel like Obi-Wan looking for Luke.....Backbreaker is my last hope......
From all the expertise of posting on the BB forums so much, and seeing the developers talk to us, I feel you won't be disappointed. They are really pushing to make it a fantastic game.

Hopefully I'm right.

Quote:
i read its rumored to be june 15th, Madden comes out begining of August.

Has anyone seen anything about this game being a sim football game?

Some of the screens look arcadish.
Yes it will be a SIM game, not arcade or anything remotely close to blitz.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't think there's any question what a true physics system could do for football games (and all sports games). Unfortunately I think what we've shown as consumers is that the most important factor we need in a football game is the NFL license itself. It'll be interesting to see what the expectation of this title is when it drops. Right now it's claim to fame is the player interaction, primarily the tackling. But football and every other sport is so much more than that. OL/DL play, DB/WR interaction, linebacker play, playbooks, team playing styles, presentation, etc. I like that the Backbreaker devs are looking to go against convention on what traditional football games have been. But I don't think people can expect anything more than a really basic franchise mode at best, and it'd be unfair to expect the game to nail every gameplay aspect. There are just so many things that would have to fall right for the game, and it's already starting at a huge disadvantage with the lack of the license.

The devs are saying the right things though. And the tech videos released so far show some promise. Even with all the complaining that goes on with Madden or APF, I really don't think Backbreaker will contain the AI complexity contained in either game. Time will tell whether people hold that against them
I was thinking about this. If these guys nail the fluidity of motion like they say, then wouldn't things like 'DB AI' be significantly improved over traditional football games? We get dumb DB AI, for instance, where DBs are in position but then are quickly out of position due to a canned animation. If these movements are now completely fluid then they should theoretically be 'smart'.

What do you think?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

I expect they have seen the problems in Madden and NCAA and they make sure the DBs play like they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »