Home

Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #97
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: NFL Tour

I was enjoying this game until:

Plays aren't reacting to what I am pushing.Sometimes I hit Y so I can intercept the ball and nothing happens.

Ben rothlisberger cannot be tackled.

Online is ruined because the chargers are the only team used.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #98
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I was enjoying this game until:

Plays aren't reacting to what I am pushing.Sometimes I hit Y so I can intercept the ball and nothing happens.

Ben rothlisberger cannot be tackled.

Online is ruined because the chargers are the only team used.
I was enjoying the game until:

I remembered that I owned Call of Duty 4.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #99
Return of Big Mike...

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm kind of at a loss with the direction that they went with in this game, and I'm not talking about leaving out the over the top antics. I'm mean why is NFL Tour so bare bones? I can see to a certain degree why reviewers were so harsh, don't get me wrong its still a fun game.

I have posted a review of the game.......for those that have played Arena Football for the Xbox or PS2, I think their using the same engine and their doing this for next years Arena game.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #100
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

From what I heard, The new commiserner(sp), wanted to do away with the street name because he thought the disiplinary problems the league had would be stereotyped with the street name. I personally think EA got word of this late and rushed the game out in a slow time for releases.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #101
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eton Rifles
From what I heard, The new commiserner(sp), wanted to do away with the street name because he thought the disiplinary problems the league had would be stereotyped with the street name. I personally think EA got word of this late and rushed the game out in a slow time for releases.
I think another few months of development wouldn't have hurt at all.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is probably the biggest piece of poo that I have ever put inside of my X-Box and I once put a 7 inch cleveland steamer in it by accident. And this is coming from probably the biggest NFL Street fan that you guys will meet. My roommates lived and breathed Street 2 when it came out, but this game has managed to take everything that I ever loved out of the game and replace it with pure raw turdness. EA really dropped the ball on this game, except they probably knew that the game was crap before they even released it, so it's not like dropping the ball so much as forcefully throwing it to the ground, directly on the heads of expectant arcade football fans.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #103
Pro

OVR: 9

I agree with this game being a big turd. Basic gameplay is fun, but this game falls short of being basic at times. Once you get past the NFL Tour once, theres really no reason for playing the game again.

Poor create a player(I love the EA video where the EA guy describes it as being "simplified", as if that's what people want)no unlockable gear, players, teams or fields. Even if there were unlockable fields, it would probably look exactly the same as the handful of fields included in this game. They look exactly alike, the only thing different is the name of the city they're supposed to be in. Not even an option put together a team compiled of players from different teams. Talk about the epitome of the half a**ed shortcut. This is it.

What's up with not being able to play ANY players during Smash and Dash? I played once with Larry Fitzgerald when I first got the game, but he's no longer pickable. Even when you try to make the game fun, these guys won't let it happen.

This game should of been released at a $10 price point for a new game, and that's being extremely generous.

Last edited by andayaman; 02-08-2008 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »