Home

Official AAFL Thread

This is a discussion on Official AAFL Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #25
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official AAFL Thread

There was an AFL game last night posted on myp2p.eu a site that has lots of sopcast, tvants, mediaplayer links/addresses for streaming live sports.

AFL was chicago vs. some other team lol on tvants, but I couldn't get it to work.

Living in Canada I can't imagine we will ever get the chance to see an AFL game on TV.

Did anyone see this game last night, and if so how was the product on the field?

thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
There was an AFL game last night posted on myp2p.eu a site that has lots of sopcast, tvants, mediaplayer links/addresses for streaming live sports.

AFL was chicago vs. some other team lol on tvants, but I couldn't get it to work.

Living in Canada I can't imagine we will ever get the chance to see an AFL game on TV.

Did anyone see this game last night, and if so how was the product on the field?

thanks in advance.
The game you're refering to was an Arena Football League game. The AAFL was to have been an outdoor league, but the inaugural season has been "postponed" .

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The game you're refering to was an Arena Football League game. The AAFL was to have been an outdoor league, but the inaugural season has been "postponed" .
damn forgot about 'arena', i thought it was aafl...i'd be more interested in being able to see outdoor traditional football during the summer when there's no NFL.

any word on if the postponment is indefininte, or is there a date?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #28
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
damn forgot about 'arena', i thought it was aafl...i'd be more interested in being able to see outdoor traditional football during the summer when there's no NFL.

any word on if the postponment is indefininte, or is there a date?
Nothing official, but I do know that they weren't doing well selling this to the public. Case in point: at the time of the "postponment" the Texas franchise had sold a whopping 250 season tickets. Imo the hiatus will likely be permanent.

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #29
All Star

bkfount's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Nothing official, but I do know that they weren't doing well selling this to the public. Case in point: at the time of the "postponment" the Texas franchise had sold a whopping 250 season tickets. Imo the hiatus will likely be permanent.
well, to start a league now, you have to have achievable benchmarks to future success. The NFL is a billion dollar corporation that does its thing very well. Even college football programs have bigger budgets than the AAFL probably did. Expecting to wow football fans on a concept and fill stadiums with season ticket holders is a little foolish. The AAFL did little to establish itself as unique or new, and went for piggybacking on college tradition and "recognizable" nfl flunkies like Eric Crouch, Chris Leak, and Peter Warrick.

They have to find investors who are willing to bankroll the league initially, and who accept that the league will lose money the first couple of years. Let the league establish itself as a unique product, attract fans with lower priced tickets, and make it a different experience to attend than the NFL.

Last edited by bkfount; 04-15-2008 at 02:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »