Home

Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

We have just posted the fact sheet for Backbreaker, as well has a few more screenshots.

Quote:
"It’s time to tackle football like never before. Backbreaker is taking sports video games to a place where the action is never the same and every hit looks and feels as realistic as a Sunday afternoon. Utilizing NaturalMotion’s revolutionary euphoria motion synthesis engine, the same groundbreaking technology featured in Grand Theft Auto IV and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, you’ll never see the same tackle again. Ever."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

looking good, now lets see some logo and different color sceam
Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

As a follower and poster on the BB boards since the trailer was released, I have to disagree that it will be more burnout than Madden. That implies it will be more for fun and arcadish times. From all the developer interaction at the board I can tell you they plan to make it sim, it just seems that way because of the changed view and focus on the on the field audio glorifying the hits.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

man that feature list was great

I'm starting to think that there won't be anything more than season play, which means I won't buy it.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #5
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

I feel sorry for you all who have to rely on madden for your football fix. I got off Nfl sports games awhile ago. But, from the looks, Backbreaker is going to be way better even without a Frachise mode than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

even without franchise, I will probably still buy it. It's new, and looks exciting etc... but no franchise is cancer, and I have no idea as to why they think they could/should release a football game without it. It's essential.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I'm sorry guys, but I honestly think this game is going to be nothing more than a tech demo, especially after this "fact sheet" was released. If they try to make this game a fast patched arcade game and stray away from being sim, this title could be a good title. I just hope they don't try to be sim, they won't succeed

Last edited by RaychelSnr; 04-18-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I'm sorry guys, but I honestly think this game is going to be nothing more than a tech demo, especially after this "fact sheet" was released. In their fact sheet they don't even talk about anything football minus "technology". Unless they are going to spring a ton of surprises on us, I just don't see this being any good compared to other games that will be on the market.
IMO there are no other games on the market that are any good. That fact sheet looks like somthing I read last year. It didn't mention customization, which we know there is because of the 1up's helmets etc.

'nothing more than a tech demo' ...I don't understand these comments. If you want to make a tech demo, than you go ahead and make a tech demo and show it to dev studios. If you are making a playable football game that has taken over a year of hard work, with unique controls and camera's and uni customization - you are not making a tech demo.

If you have not been following the dev diaries and 'ask the dev team' segments, I could see potentially saying something like this based off of the fact sheet. But if you have been following everything, you'd see there is much more than what's listed on the fact sheet, and you'd have to justify why this game could be called a 'tech demo'

is gears of war an unreal engine 'tech demo' ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »