Home

Backbreaker Preview

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #81
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Backbreaker Preview

Bad news for you "tech demo" believers. They disproved you on the boards over there. Word from an official team member name The Scout:

Quote:
We appreciate all the discussion in regards to Backbreaker. And yes, we do listen to the community and try to integrate some of the ideas into what we do.

But the title of this thread is a little misleading. We aren't in a "battle" with anyone. We've said that from the outset, we aren't competing with Madden.

They do what they do and it's proved successful. We are fans of the game.

With that said, we are trying to do something completely different. A new take on the football genre featuring the most realistic tackles on the planet. And beyond the revolutionary tackles, we think we are doing things with controls, cameras and to-be-announced features that will set us apart from other games in the genre.

Rest assured, Backbreaker is no "demo."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #82
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow, the developer wants us to take his word for it that the game is great and complete, even though we have no information on any sort of franchise mode and no video of actual gameplay. Ask the Madden developers, they'll tell you that their game is a realistic portrayal of NFL football. Should I believe them too?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #83
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
I will buy this gamew as long as it has some sort of Franchise Mode and a little depth to it.If it's just bare bones with cool animations/graphics it won't be worth it,APF wasn't.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Bad news for you "tech demo" believers. They disproved you on the boards over there. Word from an official team member name The Scout:
It still to this date has proven to be just that, a "tech demo". Once we get some REAL footage of the actual game then we'll shed the title.

One thing's for sure. No marketing, no brand recognition, no footage, and no license... I hope they aren't expecting much when it does drop.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #85
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
It still to this date has proven to be just that, a "tech demo". Once we get some REAL footage of the actual game then we'll shed the title.

One thing's for sure. No marketing, no brand recognition, no footage, and no license... I hope they aren't expecting much when it does drop.
Once again you are basing your opinions off of an imaginary deadline, like they are supposed to release it next month. No one ever said the game was complete and we don't even have a release date. Other than Madden (which already has gameplay and stuff cause they've made 5 versions of it already) can put out advertisements, 1. because they already know they will outsell everyone 2. They have fixed 08 footage that'll become 09. BB has no footage because 1. it might not be finished and if people saw it in a bad state they'd be turned off 2. there is really no deadline for them to pump out information. I think its safe to say it is at least 2 months away at the least because that would be when major gameplay videos and TV advertising would come out in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #86
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Exactly,I haven't read of any release date other than later this year.Whenever they release the game,I just hope it's a complete game,not half a$$ like APF.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Once again you are basing your opinions off of an imaginary deadline, like they are supposed to release it next month. No one ever said the game was complete and we don't even have a release date. Other than Madden (which already has gameplay and stuff cause they've made 5 versions of it already) can put out advertisements, 1. because they already know they will outsell everyone 2. They have fixed 08 footage that'll become 09. BB has no footage because 1. it might not be finished and if people saw it in a bad state they'd be turned off 2. there is really no deadline for them to pump out information. I think its safe to say it is at least 2 months away at the least because that would be when major gameplay videos and TV advertising would come out in my opinion.
What, in my post, was based off an "imaginary deadline"? I didn't even touch on a release date. I just said "when it does drop".
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #88
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
What, in my post, was based off an "imaginary deadline"? I didn't even touch on a release date. I just said "when it does drop".
you were just hinting at the fact that there should be gameplay videos by now, or at least that is how I interpreted your post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »