Home

1up preview of Backbreaker with Matt Sherman

This is a discussion on 1up preview of Backbreaker with Matt Sherman within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
1up preview of Backbreaker with Matt Sherman

Quote:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3158196 - courtesy Bigdmo again

1. Euphoria engine utilizes power of CPU’s on next gen consoles. Simulates live and real time interactive characters which is perfect for football.

2. Current football games use canned animation and pretty much same thing every year with little improvements.

3. It will be a sim game, not arcade! Will be very slightly futuristic.

4. Engine runs live and simulates fully interactive tackles, body speed, velocity of limbs, personal characteristics such as strength, what your reaction times are, how muddy th
e field is. This means every contact is unique based on these factors.

5. No canned animations, gang tackling will be in the game. They want to bring the real life experience of playing defense and making big hits – no matter how many other players are involved in the tackle.

6. Videos posted on Back Breaker site were taken from next gen consoles.

7. Game will be a little different regarding imagery & sounds. They are not trying to duplicate other football games on the market.

8. Camera angles will be different in order to intimately capture the on field experience. For example on the road during a 4th down you may not be able to audible due to crowd noise. They want the user to feel what it’s like to have 300 pound monsters trying to break your head. They want you to see what it’s like to be a running back and hit the gaps. They are aware of past failures in other games regarding poor camera angles but are focused on creating the on field atmosphere.

9. They want to simplify controls and bring new ideas to the table.

10. This technology would look great in a Madden game but could not confirm if they will use the engine in the future.

11. Thinks APF2K8 was unique and well done without the NFL license. They will bring “Something else to the table.”

12. No exact release date – “Some time in 2008.”

13. Current football games need revolutionary change, we are trying to answer that. Are trying to achieve balance – need a deep, realistic experience but one in which anyone can pick up and play.

14. Did not confirm which console the game will be released on. “It will be on a next gen console.”

15. Tackles will be simulated in 90 frames per second. No jumps in animation, real fluid.

90fps dam!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 1up preview of Backbreaker with Matt Sherman

Sounds good

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

they make it seem like it will be only on one next gen console. I hope for me it's the 360 - and that's what I would guess because of the timming when we first heard about it and since football is a north-american sport. BUT they are developing in Europe which has a lot of ps3 love. who knows.b
Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Good info, thanks.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

lol, whatever. More lame hype. When they say a release date and can grace us with knowing what, “It will be on a next gen console.” means for ps3 or 360 owners, I'll start caring.

I've been somewhat interested by this game since I first heard about it, but it really sounds like they're riding the it's not Madden train too much. This game won't even have the built in 2k fanbase like APF2k8 did, so if the physics technology is so awesome, then show it off. This game should have dozens of gameplay videos out already. Instead, we're getting feature bullet points, slow motion trailers, and promises in August for a game that will supposedly come out this year.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-05-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
lol, whatever. More lame hype. When they say a release date and can grace us with knowing what, “It will be on a next gen console.” means for ps3 or 360 owners, I'll start caring.

I've been somewhat interested by this game since I first heard about it, but it really sounds like they're riding the it's not Madden train too much. This game won't even have the built in 2k fanbase like APF2k8 did, so if the physics technology is so awesome, then show it off. This game should have dozens of gameplay videos out already. Instead, we're getting feature bullet points, slow motion trailers, and promises in August for a game that will supposedly come out this year.
I agree 100 percent. Where are the gameplay videos, the full on, menus included, 11-on-11 gameplay videos? To me it's starting to look more and more like a glorified ad for the new physics engine.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

They have shown quite a bit for the release date being so far away..

LAST TIME

12-15-08
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

haha everyone has such a short attention span. When the info comes we'll remind you don't worry. In the meantime, this is a great article, and very promising. This game will NOT be console exclusive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »