Home

Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (IGN) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 AM   #49
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

If you put something in quotation marks you should probably make sure it was actually said first.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #50
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Okay sorry, I didn't know the rule. Damn me for not saying exactly what was said. You act like I was quoting your or something take it easy man.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #51
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm kind of having a hard time understanding how people are saying they don't like the fact that the word arcade is being associated with this game as opposed to the word sim.

The companies who make Madden, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, MLB 08, etc. All use animations captured by grown men in full body suits mimicking movements from the respective sports, and thos limited number of animations are applied to the game. And the algorithms used in the game tries to determine what animation to trigger in every situation.

Backbreaker...model of a human body with working joints and the human motor nervous system; governed by a pretty much proven engine that emulates the physics of real life.

By definition the game is already a sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm kind of having a hard time understanding how people are saying they don't like the fact that the word arcade is being associated with this game as opposed to the word sim.

The companies who make Madden, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, MLB 08, etc. All use animations captured by grown men in full body suits mimicking movements from the respective sports, and thos limited number of animations are applied to the game. And the algorithms used in the game tries to determine what animation to trigger in every situation.

Backbreaker...model of a human body with working joints and the human motor nervous system; governed by a pretty much proven engine that emulates the physics of real life.

Not quite. By definition, the physics will be more sim than anything we've seen before. That says nothing about the actual football. A lot of guys read about real physics and assume that since physics are a bigger part of football than perhaps any other sport then a game with real physics has to be a great football game. That is just totally ignoring the AI which is just as important, if not more than the physics. That's the part people are questioning since this is the company's first football game.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #53
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
It could turn out well, but like most gamers, that NFL license keeps me with Madden, and I'm feeling this action cam on madden, not ready for a new camera view, it aint broke, dont fix it.
this is the crie du coeur. It's (madden) badly broken to me, and to others. I don't enjoy madden in the least, and i've tried hard to. So what your saying is, to compete or to put out a product that will satisfy people like me, is to make a game that uses the exact same assumptions and mechanics from a game that I don't even like?

I WANT A NEW GAME!!! so do many others...

so why fight it? why put down or argue with a game that's different? Whether it comes out or not, if it's good or not, I don't get the dissent. I don't get why people need to chime in with reasons why it will fail. Why not just let it be what it is, and let people who are looking forward to it discuss it?

To anyone who says: 'this is vaporware' 'they haven't shown us anything' 'this is a tech demo' 'this will suck' or 'they won't get the AI right' ---- what the hell is your motivation man?

I know i don't waste my time talking about things i don't give a **** about all day, so I guess i don't understand why another human would do that ****.

It seems to me there are some people here who actually want this game to be a failure or not come out at all. Why don't you ask yourselves why the hell you feel that way and share it with the rest of us? If you can't do that, then why not just shut it...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #54

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

Having a realistic physics engine does not equal a sim football game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #55

jmood88's Arena

Why does another person's opinion of whether the game is coming out or not make you so angry?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 19

if this game ever comes out it will be interesting to see how it plays and sells without trhe nfl label.. ala APF2K8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »