Home

People sue for anything...

This is a discussion on People sue for anything... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: People sue for anything...

You can be strict and give players pleny of water breaks. Withholding water in todays world is just idiotic and stupid. You build discipline with how you treat people and what you demand from them on and off the field. You have structure and consequences for violations of structure. You build discipline by having kids have their lockers straight acodring to schematic, by having palyers on time, by having palyers do drills right and their being a consequence if done wrong. You are strict if you make players run from drill to drill and if they don't there is a punishment. You can amake players run and hit and do more conditioning but you must let them have water. Being strict and having discipline starts in offseason and is carried through during 2 a days and into the season, it never stops in an athletic program.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17

Many coaches create an air of intimidation in their summer camps. And many of those are simply reckless and far more about machismo than professionalism. Simply saying "screw it, i don't care if I get cut" is likley not realistic in places like Texas where high school football is so important to the communities where little kids dream of growing up and playing for their local HS team (kind of pathetic I know).

Coaches around the country should've wised up when Korey Stringer died. If they didn't, and kids get hurt......then that coaching staff deserves every bit of litigation and penalty is gets.

Last edited by metallicatz; 02-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Not drinking water doesn't make you disciplined, hard work and focus on the practice field does. I don't really understand why a coach wouldn't want his players to drink water. It's not like it's gonna make them play worse - in fact, you'd think it would be good to get them into the habit of staying hydrated so that come gameday they don't cramp up and sit on the bench when they could be playing...
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #20
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Many coaches create an air of intimidation in their summer camps. And many of those are simply reckless and far more about machismo than professionalism. Simply saying "screw it, i don't care if I get cut" is likley not realistic in places like Texas where high school football is so important to the communities where little kids dream of growing up and playing for their local HS team (kind of pathetic I know).

Coaches around the country should've wised up when Korey Stringer died. If they didn't, and kids get hurt......then that coaching staff deserves every bit of litigation and penalty is gets.
Nice single out Texas even though this happened in Kentucky and in recent years nothing like this has happened here. All of the heat related deaths in recent years have been due to a player having a heart condition no one knew about, not radical coaches.

And maybe it does work considering how Texas is #1 or #2 depending on where you are from in the country when it comes to HS football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »