Home

We NEED a BackBreaker Board!!!

This is a discussion on We NEED a BackBreaker Board!!! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 AM   #49
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: We NEED a BackBreaker Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I would rather save my money so i could buy you all copies of Backbreaker.
What makes this game exciting to you? I haven't seen anyone actually answer that question aside from mentioning tackles, which is only one part of the game. They haven't even hyped up other parts of the game to get people excited so I don't get why anyone has any hopes for this game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What makes this game exciting to you? I haven't seen anyone actually answer that question aside from mentioning tackles, which is only one part of the game. They haven't even hyped up other parts of the game to get people excited so I don't get why anyone has any hopes for this game.
Maybe he likes looking at the glowing red ball on the tv screen
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #51
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. You should buy it.
Really, you think it is so far fetch that their is actually a real game out there? So, than who would waste the resourse's to do these video's/pic/forums?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am excited because I know exactly what this engine can do it implemented correctly. I also love the tackles, but think they are a little exaggerated, but the devs already said they were trying to tune them just right so they are like real football tackles and not Blitz.

I also love how customizable they have said it will be. They said there are so many different layers that it is basically Forza 2's Decal Editor, but in a football game. One dev even said it is possible to create your own leagues. He even said that if you took the time, you could make your own NFL with 32 teams and 1600 players.

I am also excited to see how the passing system they have talked about works. It sounds so fluid and life like. I am also eager to play online with my buddies and laugh at some tackles, because they love to jump and I love to hit high.

Another thing I love about Backbreaker is their lighting system. Just go look at the pics and look how good all the lighting looks. It looks unbelievable. It looks better than GTA IV's or Madden 07's.

And to the glowing ball remark. The ball does't actually glow in the game. They have released a pic of what the actual ball looks like, and it has more detail in then 2k8's ball, and that was an amazing ball.

― Plato
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #53
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I am excited because I know exactly what this engine can do it implemented correctly. I also love the tackles, but think they are a little exaggerated, but the devs already said they were trying to tune them just right so they are like real football tackles and not Blitz.

I also love how customizable they have said it will be. They said there are so many different layers that it is basically Forza 2's Decal Editor, but in a football game. One dev even said it is possible to create your own leagues. He even said that if you took the time, you could make your own NFL with 32 teams and 1600 players.

I am also excited to see how the passing system they have talked about works. It sounds so fluid and life like. I am also eager to play online with my buddies and laugh at some tackles, because they love to jump and I love to hit high.

Another thing I love about Backbreaker is their lighting system. Just go look at the pics and look how good all the lighting looks. It looks unbelievable. It looks better than GTA IV's or Madden 07's.

And to the glowing ball remark. The ball does't actually glow in the game. They have released a pic of what the actual ball looks like, and it has more detail in then 2k8's ball, and that was an amazing ball.
Okay, all of that is exciting information, but I'm not hearing it directly from a dev, and we had all these discussions in 2008 around this time, and then the devs disappeared, the boards dried up, and then nothing. This game has been heavily talked about in the community as far back as right after the time 2k8 was released.

If people want to talk about it, then fine, talk. But we're basically talking about a game that was being developed around the time Madden 07/08 was in development, and we're now approaching Madden 2010, and still no Backbreaker. Don't get your hopes up.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #54
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Where is all this info coming from? A lot of hear say..
Old 04-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #55
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Where is all this info coming from? A lot of hear say..
Videos,

I hear maddens going to be good this year but thats just vaporware. They have not surpassed a 5 years old game made on a inferior system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Videos,

I hear maddens going to be good this year but thats just vaporware. They have not surpassed a 5 years old game made on a inferior system.
agreed even more reason to doubt a first year release will top NFL 2k5 or madden. AI is the most important thing. If the AI is stupid then no amount of ragdoll tackles will make a difference.

Bottom line is I agree madden has been stale, but to act like these guys have opened yall eyes to what will be the most amazing football game ever is highly ignorant. Good tech does not = good game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »