Home

New Backbreaker Video

This is a discussion on New Backbreaker Video within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #49
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New Backbreaker Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoulding
I think more people should start looking at this as an additional purchase rather than an either/or with Madden. Backbreaker looks like being my 'drinking beer with the lads' game. Should be easy to pick up and play, entertained for those watching the others play and filled with lots of spectacular moments to get some trash talking going.

Madden is for the NFL license and the franchise. And I'm happy that all my footballing needs will be met for the year!
Here's my line of football games ever owned:

- Madden NFL '98 (great game, still my third favorite football game of all time and I go back to play it very often)
- NFL Blitz
- NFL QB Club 2001
- NFL Blitz 2001
- NFL 2K2
- NFL 2K3
- ESPN NFL Football
- ESPN NFL 2K5
- Blitz: The League
- All Pro Football 2K8
- Blitz: The League II

I loved Madden once in my life, and have rented it every year since it came onto PS2. I was somewhat pleased with 2002, but was never pleased again once I was introduced to the 2K series. At first it played a more arcade-style game, but it looked and sounded very pleasing that it drew me in then, and then 2K4 and 2K5 truly made the push toward realism and sucked me in.

Again, as a PS3 owner I've rented all of this generation of Madden games. Its play just isn't what I like. I currently own Blitz II and I love it. I love it enough to be my only owned football game until Madden truly steps of with physical interaction or 2K devotes themselves to another game. That's why Backbreaker seems like a great deal of fun for me: as long as it has the lasting appeal of a franchise mode and it's not just a tackling tech (actually plays a decent game of football), as soon as people on here release a 32 NFL team roster I would probably jump all over this and say, "Madden WHO?"

I don't blame people for buying Madden or liking Madden, but I don't understand for the life of me those that buy it every year expecting big changes and being disappointed. I look at 2002 and 2010 and I'm not impressed at the changes. There are other sports games like that unfortunately that don't seem to change much, and as long as they aren't the only licensed game out there they are feeling the effects of needs for improvement.

I'm not your run-of-the-mill "2K fanboy." I choose the games that deserve being bought. I give Madden a chance every year and will continue to. As long as they continually take baby steps, someday they will reach what I want in a football game. The good thing about the franchise is the game never really gets worse from year to year. But only time will tell how good it looks when BB comes out and when the NFL license expires.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 05-08-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I have noticed something. The people who say Backbreaker doesn't have a chance or is a fun pick up and play game or it is just like Blitz, they all really don't know anything besides the the tackles will be different. They don't know about the foot planting, the way sprinting works, the passing game, the running game, the customization, etc.

They know that it uses Endorphin, Euphoria, Morphene, etc., but not that it has so much more. Learn before you bash.

― Plato
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll be really excited about Backbreaker when we get an official release date. I don't want to get my hopes up in case it never makes it to the shelves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I doubt it will be canned. We have already seen actual gameplay. A mini game mode. And they have showed us abut 10 different teams. And two stadiums.

― Plato
Old 05-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 30
Like I said yesterday on the BB site - Nothing new to see here. Seen vids of the Euphoria Engine in motion, months ago, and, it still looks like tech demos. I downloaded the Qore episode on PSN yesterday and was highly disppointed that in all this time there was nothing new to show. The graphics still look exactly the same. I still wonder if this game is legit. Natural Motions says there is a big announcement at E3 and I wonder if their big announcement and EA's big announcement at E3 are one in the same, meaning, EA has acquired them for Madden 10 or Madden 11 and beyond. Maybe Pro Tak was devved to go hand in hand with the Euph. engine? Who knows but BB really looks empty right now outside of the great looking animation engine, and, honestly, I can just pop in GTA IV if I wanna see it really in motion. Lol...
Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Like I said yesterday on the BB site - Nothing new to see here. Seen vids of the Euphoria Engine in motion, months ago, and, it still looks like tech demos. I downloaded the Qore episode on PSN yesterday and was highly disppointed that in all this time there was nothing new to show. The graphics still look exactly the same. I still wonder if this game is legit. Natural Motions says there is a big announcement at E3 and I wonder if their big announcement and EA's big announcement at E3 are one in the same, meaning, EA has acquired them for Madden 10 or Madden 11 and beyond. Maybe Pro Tak was devved to go hand in hand with the Euph. engine? Who knows but BB really looks empty right now outside of the great looking animation engine, and, honestly, I can just pop in GTA IV if I wanna see it really in motion. Lol...
You obviously didn't read my post did you?

― Plato
Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 30
canes21 - Lol. Nah, I didn't. I just wanted to get my two cents out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #56
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I hope they tone down the diving tackles it reminds me of tecmo bowl. The running back trying to maintain his balance looked very good.
That stumble with one hand on the ground is sick.

This tech clearly needs a year or two of tuning/gameplay experience. But it will change the landscape, and EA will have no choice but to implement it (or something like it).

Kudos to the Natural Motion team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »