Home

Backbreaker to Release in July?

This is a discussion on Backbreaker to Release in July? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #33
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Backbreaker to Release in July?

Look, let's just hope that starting today we get more info. And for all of you who are bashing BB for the non-information so far, just remember all the info we WERE getting from the Madden crew pre Madden 10, and look how all those "improvements" turned out.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
You based that on a ten second video? You must be a goddamned genius. You must have an IQ of 110! 10 seconds of video and "it looks a lot more sim than Madden." Give me a ****in break. Not that I'm on the Madden bandwagon,but still.
Think about how sad that is. It's easy to tell that this game plays more realistic than Madden 10 after just 10 seconds of video footage. Neither game is complete yet & I'm not a bandwagoner for either game but Im pretty sure that the physics based Backbreaker will play more realistic.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackdownjr
Think about how sad that is. It's easy to tell that this game plays more realistic than Madden 10 after just 10 seconds of video footage. Neither game is complete yet & I'm not a bandwagoner for either game but Im pretty sure that the physics based Backbreaker will play more realistic.
As pointed out many times before, physics, while certainly a very important part of football, have no bearing on whether the game has good AI and is a good representation of how the game is played.

I will certainly give the game a chance, most likely by purchasing it, but too many of you seem to be giving a real time physics engine too much credit as far as how much it can do for a football game. Having physics based tackles and blocking won't mean much if the players aren't making believable football decisions during play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #36
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Madden is going to have different throwing styles to match their real-life counterparts. BTW, Backbreaker is not a proven franchise yet. Even though on next-gen systems, Madden's game play haven't been realistic, this franchise is 21 years old and it's not only because of the NFL exclusivity license.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Best news I have heard all day.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #38
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

People still holding out hope for this tech demo of a game? Please.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 AM   #39
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
lol Who here can honestly say with a straight face the Madden is sim? It represents no football at all. Sure it has passing, catching, and running, but the sad part is almost all of those are not even correct. The QB pass animations are horrendous and not one QB I know throws like that and they most certainly don't bend their knees when they throw. The running animations are the worst animations in the game. When you get fatigues you run slower and with less arm and leg movement. You don't run up and down and twitch in a weird way. You also hold the ball close to your body unless you are Adrian Peterson. The catching is horrible. Almost every Madden catch animation is exaggerated and is something you would see twice a season. No one rocket catches in real life. No one does a 360 to catch the ball, no one will run a route and magically turn when the ball is 3 yards away to catch it.

Going off all of that I would say Backbreaker is more sim than Madden. I haven't played Backbreaker so I have no solid proof, but you haven't played Madden 10, so you can't tell me M10 is more sim either.

But going from what I have seen and what I know about Natural Motion's products, this game will most certainly have a very realistic feel to it.

Thanks
Yeah, because those flying superman dive tackles in the Backbreaker videos happen all the time in the NFL.

Quite possibly the most ridiculously post I have read on these forums.

Unless there are new videos I am unaware of, Backbreaker has shown a maximum of 5 players on the screen at once. VERY REALISTIC.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
You based that on a ten second video? You must be a goddamned genius. You must have an IQ of 110! 10 seconds of video and "it looks a lot more sim than Madden." Give me a ****in break. Not that I'm on the Madden bandwagon,but still.
You do realize that an IQ of 110 is just above average (the average was set at 100).

Last edited by hayvis; 05-08-2009 at 07:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »