Home

Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #73
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 11 vs 11 Backbreaker screens!!!

You only need 10 seconds of gameplay video to show all you need to see about this game. This game is not going to be a sim game like Madden is going for, but it won't be too arcadish like Blitz. I want to see hits that I have never seen. I want to say OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT HIT?? and then replay it a million times and marvel at it. I want to go to youtube and watch montages on the crazy hits, will I be able to do that with Madden. Hell No. Will I be able to take my Steelers to a Superbowl in Backbreaker? Hell No. That is why I don't think we should be comparing these two. I can't wait for this game...only 2 days left til we start hearing some news.

P.S. Can we PLEASE get Backbreaker its own board. We KNOW it is coming out so stop the BIAS!!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #74
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikedemon
You guys are too funny. Misguided as it may be but its still funny. First the game is still a work in progress. The screenshots where to only show that the game has 11 on 11 gameplay. Second of all the screen shots are from a replay. The reason its grainy and has the grid look is because the replay for backbreaker uses the jumbotron screen. Also things like player stances being the same is still being worked on by a devs twitter already.

Im buying both Madden and Backbreaker. But im not gonna suck EA's **** to make yourself feel better about trashing BB and what theyre trying to accomplish as a new company doing a football game. Of course theyre not gonna have a complete football game the first time out. Madden has had years and still hasnt gotten it right yet. So to slam this company who's just coming out the door is laughable.

And yes some of you might need to do some research because we have seen gameplay recently with the recent Qore 12 episode which shows a pass play, and some other great stuff. You should check it out before you speak out your ***.
I saw that video and it wasn't enough to show anything, just like the tackle alley video.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ah but at least it showed SOMETHING!!!

The tackle alley show what it was suppose to show. TACKLES!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
You guys are too funny. Misguided as it may be but its still funny. First the game is still a work in progress. The screenshots where to only show that the game has 11 on 11 gameplay. Second of all the screen shots are from a replay. The reason its grainy and has the grid look is because the replay for backbreaker uses the jumbotron screen. Also things like player stances being the same is still being worked on by a devs twitter already.

Im buying both Madden and Backbreaker. But im not gonna suck EA's **** to make yourself feel better about trashing BB and what theyre trying to accomplish as a new company doing a football game. Of course theyre not gonna have a complete football game the first time out. Madden has had years and still hasnt gotten it right yet. So to slam this company who's just coming out the door is laughable.

And yes some of you might need to do some research because we have seen gameplay recently with the recent Qore 12 episode which shows a pass play, and some other great stuff. You should check it out before you speak out your ***.
Good post...pretty much how I feel as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #77
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ah but at least it showed SOMETHING!!!

The tackle alley show what it was suppose to show. TACKLES!!!
It didn't show enough to judge the gameplay at all.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Like Madden or NCAA have ever gotten this right (to this point)? I agree with you about "the actual football stuff," but let's drop the double standard.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Whats up with the guys that are highlighted?
As far as I it's the player being controlled.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It didn't show enough to judge the gameplay at all.
It showed a pass to a reciever...Isnt that gameplay or am I confused. It showed a running back breaking tackles and fighting for yards. I think thats gameplay too.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
It showed a pass to a reciever...Isnt that gameplay or am I confused. It showed a running back breaking tackles and fighting for yards. I think thats gameplay too.
don't bother.... its a waste of time....

I'm just guessing some just want to see a regular game being played CPU vs CPU or Player vs CPU...... well this game is still has alot of info they are suppose to release this Saturday....as well as with E3 coming up..... but with all this being said... Madden still hasn't show regular game play either..... all this means is that football game companies take their time before showing regular games being played until its close to release time...... till then we base gameplay off videos of replays and screen shots....as well as articles describing gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »