Home

Underrated football game...

This is a discussion on Underrated football game... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Underrated football game...

I thought a few of you may be interested in this relatively new football sim; Deep Route. It's geared toward the more serious football enthusiasts but is fairly addictive for everyone and it's also free.

At it's heart DR has a reliable sim that gives out realistic results but also covers all aspects of managing an NFL team (Yearly draft, managing the salary cap, shopping through FA) while competing against 31 other human managers. There's also an option to create detailed playbooks for both Offense and Defense to tailor the game plan that you have in mind.

Again it can be a bit daunting at first but if you stick with it you'll find it's one of the best football sims out there. Also if you need help ask just around in the chat or on the forums because it has rather helpful and mature community.

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...743&leagueno=1

Example QB (Notice the depth in attributes). His bad production can be blamed on an average LT and an injury plagued receiving corps.

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...041&leagueno=1
Example of an elite DT (His production has slumped because of the loss of his old space eating NT)

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?sel...=&myleagueno=1
32 team leagues

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...447&leagueno=1
A young CB; In his attributes the second number is his potential so he's a 55 OVR with the potential to reach 80 OVR.

So yeah, give it a look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Underrated football game...

Nice. I wasn't expecting anything good when I clickedo n this thread, looks like I was wrong.

Can I play with the CPU?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Nice. I wasn't expecting anything good when I clickedo n this thread, looks like I was wrong.
Hah fair enough.

Quote:
Can I play with the CPU?
Well the CPU controls teams in existing leagues that don't already have human owners, so theoretically yes but it won't be as competitive as playing against other humans. You would probably be better off joining a league with nearly all human teams in one of the less competitive leagues (At the moment Leagues 10, 12 and 1 are probably the most competitive) so you can get your footing and develop your skills.

It all moves along at a generally forgiving pace and in most leagues the majority of the owners are still learning to get a feel for the game so you shouldn't feel as if you are going to be the perennial cellar dweller.

Right now there isn't a dedicated new owner guide but there are a few guides within the forums about player evaluation and team management. One of the great things about the sim is that there are no silver bullet builds so it's quite possible to pick up players that no one else is interested in and make them reliable contributors.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Not a bad game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »