Home

WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid?

This is a discussion on WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: WHY Do BackBreaker's Player Models/Uniforms look SOOOO Stupid?

Please someone lock this thread. Pointless.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Man I watched the trailors and it looks like for every position its the same player model and every uniform is the same on both teams. It do look weird the way everyone has a 6-pack for abs and black face shields but the game play looks good. But remember this can just be models instead of the actual players. IMO I think the game may be a year away from release unless there was something announced I don't know about.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont think the player models are nice but i dont find them repulsive like yoou do hahaha but you gotta admit gameplay looks AWESOME!!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoWeezy
i dont think the player models are nice but i dont find them repulsive like yoou do hahaha but you gotta admit gameplay looks AWESOME!!
And that is really all that matters. Gameplay is what makes or breaks a game. Its what sets games apart. I honestly would not mind if this game had N64 graphics. If the gameplay is great, then the game is great. Graphics do not determine how great a game is.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
so basically, it might not seem like it for some....but BackBreaker is a graphical beast.
But isn't that what graphics are supposed to do? Make someone go wow if a game has great graphics? What's the point of having all that tech if the game doesn't look all that more impressive than, say, Madden or NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Again, gameplay is all that really matters. Graphics are only pretty til the next high tech game comes out and then it feels dated. Gameplay is forever. lol, that sounds corny and nerdy
Old 07-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
Again, gameplay is all that really matters. Graphics are only pretty til the next high tech game comes out and then it feels dated. Gameplay is forever. lol, that sounds corny and nerdy
Not at all, you hit it right on the head. ESPN NFL2K5 is still kicking due to gameplay. Heck, even games like the Street Fighter series went on forever due to great gameplay until it was finally supplanted by SF4.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
But isn't that what graphics are supposed to do? Make someone go wow if a game has great graphics? What's the point of having all that tech if the game doesn't look all that more impressive than, say, Madden or NCAA.
oh but it does...imo

I just think some are fooled by Madden 10's screen shots....I mean, this year's Madden looks good...but in motion....which is what really counts....not screens, not replays...but in regular gameplay....I believe...so far....BackBreaker seems to look and move much better.

I'm judging BackBreaker's gameplay from video clips of when the camera is behind the player....not replay video from different angles....

but both are doing different things....Madden is running at 60fps but has sideline people......but all of Madden's player models are small..with low rez jerzys (Madden 07 had high rez jersys for comparison).......BackBreaker seems to have big player models (i'm not talking about the steroid big models...but more like just large player models)...and like I said is running all those other graphical effects that makes the game look great.

if i'm misinformed about anything, please someone correct me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »