Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #49
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefangrey
We already have Historically White College Football. It's called NCAA 10.

HBCUs may not technically segregate, but then neither does the Philadelphia High School for Girls. But what kind of looks are you going to get if your a guy and it says you graduated from Girls High? The Philadelphia Central High school for Boys had to change it's name (to just CHS) when girls were allowed in. So if you run a HBCU and you allow all races, then stop calling it a HBCU.

It's sad, but a lot of the above guys are right, it IS racist because the opposite scenario would be racist. I can't create Ivory Magazine. I can't start the WET. I can't found the NAAWP. I can't even sue because affirmative action allows a less qualified minority get ahead of me because of race. And I can't wear a "Yes We Can" or "My President is White" T-Shirt if teh next president is a white guy.

Oh, and this isn't the first game in the series. You could get the PC game last year if you sent away with some UPCs from Famous Amos cookies.
SMH. Did you even read my earlier post?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #50
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't know if I should continue the discussion the way the thread has turned because I'm really fired up about this, but it is against TOS so I guess I'll sit this one out...
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #51
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Yeah I decided to do that too Noble. I just don't think its possible to help some people understand. But oh well.

Anywho, still hoping this game is pretty good at least. Doesn't have to be perfect by any means. Just playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #52
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great Article!!!! Hampton University 03' Grad!!!!!! I wish this came out for the PS3!!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #53
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

shout out to Central state university class of 99...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #54
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2
"FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS are four examples of channels that are primarily catered to a white audience and lest we forget those guys also have subsidery channel. There is ONE channel for shows primarily catered to black audiences (BET), as their are to other demographics like the aforementioned. All of these channels and of all the niche channels on television BET is the one that roughens people goat so much as to complain about it? Really, guys? And if you have an issue with the naming of BET, please take that up to the owners of Viacom, who also MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, CMT and CBS.

[/rant] "

I challenge you to find the word "White" in any of those networks you mentioned. I guarentee you wont. It is the glorification of one particular race over another that is the despicable part.

As opposed to the other channel you mentioned "BET" which the only reason they exist is to push the agenda of black people. My problem is with that agenda alone. I can't and will not be able to list one single network that pushes the agenda of white people. You may say that we are different, and want to be associated with other people of our race. Well, that attitude is the real reason race relations are in as bad a shape as they are today.

Name one single white person in American today that uses the word from his / her heritage to identify his existance. I dare say you can't. What we have to realize, and come to the conclusion is that if we are ever to bridge the gap between races, we have to identify ourselves as "Americans" not African, not Anglo, not Chinese, ......simply "American"

By merely labeling yourself black, or white, or whatever, you are the seperatist, you are the one who wants to be set apart from others, you are the one who "PREFERS" to be associated with people of your own race, not me. It is also that same attitude that keeps races apart in this country and always will.

Now, let me discuss another issue of the double standard, and I'll be breif. The moment, second, or instance you have an organization that promotes the advancement of "White" people alone, then you are immediately labled a racist. Just look at this logic here. REALLY think about this. Don't use some false logic to justify it, just think a second. Take this game above for example, what would go through your mind if the label was "White College Football"?
I really dont have to tell you what you would be thinking if you were the average black person, but look at what you are implying "THat it is ok for me and my race to promote ME and MY race, and noone elses."

Keep in mind, I would never ever call myself anything other than "American." that is what i am, and will always be. I don't refer to my black or white friends with their race in front of their name, I merely refer to them as my friends. I remain impartial, however it sure would be nice if we could have a society where a person's race didnt matter. Oh well. Have a good day.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm not often moved to comment, but it seems that the construct of racism always motivates one to speak. The history of black and white in this country will always lead to conflict if either is used to describe a product, service, activity or the like. There is much hostility between these two groups and it should be expected that it would generate this kind of spirited debate.

The bottom line is this... Black College Football is a niche product aimed at a specific fanbase. If you wish to not participate in making this game a success, don't. But to aimlessly debate the merits of the moniker these schools have gained over time is foolish. They are "HISTORICALLY BLACK colleges and universities." Not, "CURRENTLY BLACK colleges and universities." Meaning, over the course of recent history, these schools have catered to the black community. For those of you challenging the terms relevance, were any of these schools on your application list? This isn't about race or racism, it's about videogames...

So to riff the great Allen Iverson... We talkin' bout race... not videogames, but race. Race... Race? We talkin' bout racism, not videogames, but racism... How we gon' make videogames better by focusin' on race?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefangrey
We already have Historically White College Football. It's called NCAA 10.

HBCUs may not technically segregate, but then neither does the Philadelphia High School for Girls. But what kind of looks are you going to get if your a guy and it says you graduated from Girls High? The Philadelphia Central High school for Boys had to change it's name (to just CHS) when girls were allowed in. So if you run a HBCU and you allow all races, then stop calling it a HBCU.

It's sad, but a lot of the above guys are right, it IS racist because the opposite scenario would be racist. I can't create Ivory Magazine. I can't start the WET. I can't found the NAAWP. I can't even sue because affirmative action allows a less qualified minority get ahead of me because of race. And I can't wear a "Yes We Can" or "My President is White" T-Shirt if teh next president is a white guy.

Oh, and this isn't the first game in the series. You could get the PC game last year if you sent away with some UPCs from Famous Amos cookies.
+1
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »