Home

Would you buy a football game....

This is a discussion on Would you buy a football game.... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
Would you buy a football game....

Would you buy a football game that was not licensed by the NFL or the NFLPA and did not have real stadiums?

I know 2K sports tried something along those lines with 2k8, but it was lacking. I'm talking about buying a great football game that has all the features (great gameplay, great FOOTBALL execution, dynasty, presentation, online play, etc.)... just in a fictitious world.

It seems to me that a developer would try this, especially when you could do a team-builder feature (similar to NCAA10) that would allow you to create multiple teams and stadiums. If the game was opened up to the modding community, I think it would be amazing.

As much as I love the NFL and I am looking forward to trying Madden, I would definitely buy a game such as this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Would you buy a football game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
Would you buy a football game that was not licensed by the NFL or the NFLPA and did not have real stadiums?

I know 2K sports tried something along those lines with 2k8, but it was lacking. I'm talking about buying a great football game that has all the features (great gameplay, great FOOTBALL execution, dynasty, presentation, online play, etc.)... just in a fictitious world.

It seems to me that a developer would try this, especially when you could do a team-builder feature (similar to NCAA10) that would allow you to create multiple teams and stadiums. If the game was opened up to the modding community, I think it would be amazing.

As much as I love the NFL and I am looking forward to trying Madden, I would definitely buy a game such as this.

I love the NFL too much. So no.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

But with a team-builder feature, you could essentially re-create the NFL.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i would.

PS: I think a better thread would be: Would you buy Madden if it didnt have the NFL license?.. altho it's probably been done already
Old 07-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Pro

DereckM's Arena

I would. But that game probably would not sell too good without the NFL. Who knows though if the game play and everything were so good that it could not be denied. Maybe it would do ok. I mean you could have asked me 6 years ago. Do you think one video game company will have the rights to make the only video NFL football game and I would have said it will never happen, so.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Honestly i couldn't imagine myself not playing as the Falcons

but i could play a game w.o the license. i mean, i dont pay attention to stadium names and stuff. my favorite part of franchise is getting new rookies anyway, so it'll be kool w/ me
Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 19

No, I would probably rent it but not buy it.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

yea i woudl but don't know how much time i woudl play it cause i be busy with madden with the leagues im in and the league i run
i really dont care if it dont have nfl license only thing i care about is have franchise mode so it dont end after one season like blitz all pro 2k8 or w/e its called if the game longer like madden has a franchise mode i would buy it franchise make u keep playing when the game is old and has ok gameplay and stuff that all really maters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »