Home

Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Axis Football 2015 Review (PC) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)

When Axis Football 2015 went live on STEAM last Wednesday, July 15, the Greenlight program's latest graduate hit the field stumbling and bumbling around like a broken, buggy mess. Most –- but not all -- of those gameplay glitches have since been bandaged up by the version 1.3 patch. But there's no hotfix for Axis Football 2015's biggest problem: it's simply not much fun to play.

The game's one noteworthy feature –- using mouselook to aim your passes -- just feels like an alternative to traditional icon-based passing rather than a revolutionary replacement. All other aspects of Axis Football 2015 come across as amateurish and archaic. A more apt title would have been Axis Football 96, because that's the era of football gaming –- the Nintendo 64's and Sony PlayStation's early 3D efforts –- the on-field action and off-field options most closely resemble in their current state.

Read More - Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
dang that game is worst football game ever
Old 07-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Guess they weren't kidding when they said this was a 1 man dev team that made the game for $450.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Well, not unexpected. Hopefully this is a game that grows into something larger in five years or so. I'd support it but I don't have a PC for gaming.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)

The only problem I have with the review is it keeps comparing the game to Madden. This game was never advertised as a simulation style football game. It certainly could become one with enough time and effort, but to compare it to Madden at the moment isn't fair imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Ryanmoody21 interviewed the guy that made this game. Yeah, it's easy to bash it, as I'm sure it's horrible from what I've seen, and I've said myself I would play Madden 92 on the genesis again before this. But this guy did most of the work himself, and had a budget of $500 total for the game.

Having posted that, I think it's insulting that this guy is trying to unload this game for nearly $20 bucks. The worst was the guy listing everything that the game didn't have, but it would be in the '2016' version if enough people bought this year's version. There aren't any ol/dl interactions, no stiff arm, no spin moves, no break tackles etc.

I would love a customizable pc football game, but this isn't the answer, not by a longshot.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Ryanmoody21 interviewed the guy that made this game. Yeah, it's easy to bash it, as I'm sure it's horrible from what I've seen, and I've said myself I would play Madden 92 on the genesis again before this. But this guy did most of the work himself, and had a budget of $500 total for the game.

Having posted that, I think it's insulting that this guy is trying to unload this game for nearly $20 bucks. The worst was the guy listing everything that the game didn't have, but it would be in the '2016' version if enough people bought this year's version. There aren't any ol/dl interactions, no stiff arm, no spin moves, no break tackles etc.

I would love a customizable pc football game, but this isn't the answer, not by a longshot.
He was quite honest about the game being a little overpriced. If the August update adds the new player models/animations, custom logos and uniforms, and Franchise mode as intended (and he hasn't lied in the past about updates) then $20 would be fine. Then again, "worth" is entirely subjective. I'm having fun with the game considering it isn't trying to be Madden.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
If the August update adds the new player models/animations, custom logos and uniforms, and Franchise mode as intended (and he hasn't lied in the past about updates) then $20 would be fine.
Franchise mode won't be making it into Axis Football 2015, according to several posts the developer has made on the product's STEAM forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/370090...1582675999523/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis Games
It's looking like Franchise mode won't be [released] until around July 2016. Purchasing Axis Football 2015 now will get you several free updates throughout the year, but Axis Football 2016 will be a separate purchase. Axis Football 2015 will still be playable, but we'll stop updating it around February 2016.
These are their current targeted features for the August update:
  • New player models
  • Uniform modding
  • Season stats
  • Coach mode
  • Upgraded camera movement

Last edited by jyoung; 07-22-2015 at 10:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »