Home

Best state for HS Football

This is a discussion on Best state for HS Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Best state for HS Football

To add to my earlier post here is some info on the different numbers of football:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-man_football
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-man_football
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-man_football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Ya, they're probably pretty equal.

But I have a hard time believing that any one region in Ohio has high school football like southwestern PA.

WPIAL (District VII, which encompasses the southwestern corner of the state) Champions are constantly vying for PA State Championships. Also, so many big name players (past and present) have come from the district.
Not only is the WPIAL amazingly competitive, but District IV or the "Coal Region" is too. Here we have:

-Bloomsburg (not really dominant but we've been good over the past few years)
-Southern Columbia (PIAA titles in 94,02,03,04,05,06 and have won the district 17 of the last 18 years...since '94 they've been in the state title game 12 times)
-Mount Carmel (one of the winningest teams in the country, 3 titles in 98,00,02)
-Berwick (had Ron Powlus play for them in '92, were considered national champions by USA Today a few times, several state titles)

I really shouldn't group us in with the last 3, but there's a TON of state titles all within a 30 minute drive of each other.

I'd also add the Philly region and Lehigh Valley as huge football places. Philly has the PCL, then teams like CB West, Ridley, and Lansdale Catholic in the suburbs, and the Lehigh Valley is nuts too. Liberty won the AAAA title last year out of there, and Parkland is always a force.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
Do you even need to make a thread for this? for example... here is a stadium 10 minutes from my house.

10,000 seat capacity. jumbotron. turf(at least when i played there it was). its ridiculous. used by one school. (not public or anything like that. payed for by alumni and donations. they made their own school district so they could do this)
Cost: 6million dollars

edit: Westlake High School in Austin TX if you were curious
$6 million really isn't that much, it will get you a nice stadium, but there are plenty out there that cost a lot more. Odessa Permian spent $15 million on theirs in 1986 which would be something like $25 million today. I know North Shore spent close to $20 million on theirs. Texas has loads of nice stadiums.

I also don't know where the "texas isn't doesn't have strong quarterbacsk" argument comes from. There are a ridiculous # of Texas quarterbacks starting for division I teams right now.

http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_...rterbacks.html
Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #28
The future...

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't know which state is best, but I grew up in Florida and going to games there was always 10-15K in the stands. I didn't realize that wasn't normal until I was visiting and saw a game in North Carolina...300 people at a large school game.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
i dont know about 6-man but I know in 9 man we don't have offensive tackles just a center,2 guards, and 2 ends. Usually that is a standard I formation with 2 receivers and a running back. Having less than 11-man isn't than uncommon. Minnesota,North Dakota, and South Dakota have 9-man that I know of, and Iowa has an 8-man class.
Alright well thank you good to know. Wouldnt have ever guessed they were doing something like that but it makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »