Home

NCAA College Football 2K11

This is a discussion on NCAA College Football 2K11 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA College Football 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigman9748
How can you say they were trash when the last 2k college football game was 2k3???? How can you say a game was trash when the last version of it was 7 years ago? Yes the game was horrible but EA's game isn't exactly a work of art and it wouldn't take much for 2k to topple EA. EA has just been lazy with their game since they got the exclusive license. All they do is add in old features from LG and advertise them as some "new, groundbreaking" feature. They can't get rosters right, progression is horrible, and gameplay IMO is still subpar. If 2k doesn't make a move now, they never will and that is what scares me the most. They have a superior game engine but aren't doing anything with it.

They waste monely on NHL, Don King's Prizefighter, and other games but don't give great games like CHoops and College Football a fighting chance. Come on 2k, you have tons of loyal fans praying that one day you will release another football game. If you don't want to pay for the license just get a teambuilder-like feature and allow unlimited downloads. APF is great gameplay wise but it has no replayability. LOL sois we might need to go down to the 2k headquarters and give them a piece of our mind because it sounds like we REALLY, REALLY want this game.
Huh???

What does the year have to do with anything???

Have you played 2k's college football games??? It wasnt the same as the NFL game(randy moss)

NCAA Football was a peice of art before it came to nex gen.....2004 is one of the best football games out....Year dont mean anything

yea it "could" be better and good as NFL2k5 but then the question is why didnt 2k8 bliw 2k5 out the water??? You dont need the NFL for presentation or a great franchise mode.....

Basically im not going to assume their effort on College football is going to be great....Just because 2k5 did a nice job.....they could have went all out with 2k8...

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigman9748
How can you say they were trash when the last 2k college football game was 2k3???? How can you say a game was trash when the last version of it was 7 years ago? Yes the game was horrible but EA's game isn't exactly a work of art and it wouldn't take much for 2k to topple EA. EA has just been lazy with their game since they got the exclusive license. All they do is add in old features from LG and advertise them as some "new, groundbreaking" feature. They can't get rosters right, progression is horrible, and gameplay IMO is still subpar. If 2k doesn't make a move now, they never will and that is what scares me the most. They have a superior game engine but aren't doing anything with it.
Because it was bad, especially compared to EA's efforts back then. You even said so.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
A credible link would help.

If it's true EA might be better off just dropping NCAA Football and putting the resources towards Madden. Seems like they're spread thin as is, and I wonder if NCAA really does anything for them. Last I saw NCAA sells a small fraction of what Madden does.
Sorry I don't have one. This seems to have been confirmed by 5-10 others on this board in random discussions, so yeah, it is foolish to think it's expired without real proof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Have you played 2k's college football games???
The last 2k college game came out in 2002 or so. Even if the game was terrible back then, what does it matter today?

They have an awesome football engine as seen in APF. I'd play a college football game that feels like APF.

I'm with you dabigman, let's picket PETA style!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

id definitely buy this if it came out
Old 08-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 23

I'd like to see a 2k College game. Seeing the triple option in a 2k game would be cool.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Yea its time for a change, we will see though. I would not hold your breath on this, but crazier things have happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 46

wow there is hope. I think a reason APF 2k8 wasn't spectacular was because 2k probably knew the sales weren't going to be great anyway and a non-licensed game would not succeed.

I really hope this game has a chance. I wouldn't even mind if they shared the license. We need some real competition like the good old days. The only thing coming close is the NBA series because EA is stepping up and now they both have to try hard. EA dominates the NHL, and Sony vs 2k isn't really a competition. If we can have some real competition like we used to games would be a lot different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »