Home

NCAA College Football 2K11

This is a discussion on NCAA College Football 2K11 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA College Football 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
wow there is hope. I think a reason APF 2k8 wasn't spectacular was because 2k probably knew the sales weren't going to be great anyway and a non-licensed game would not succeed.
There is only 1 reason APF failed: no franchise mode. I'd still be playing that game today and I would never even venture onto OS if that game had a franchise mode like College Hoops 2k8.

Also, I hope 10 companies make an NCAA game if it is not exclusively licensed. May the best game win.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #18
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

This would be awesome

Its tough to count yourself as a comprehensive sports company if you neither have A) a college sports game of any kind and b) no football. It would make sense to come back to the fold with a college football game- there are talented football at VC that are probably having their skills utilized in less than ideal ways.

This game would bring me back to sports gaming- I really, really doubt its going to happen though. I've moved on gaming-wise and am perfectly content with my text-based games

Last edited by Spectre; 08-15-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #19
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Thing is, I don't know if they'd have a 2k11. They may get the rights to make a ncaa game(most likely non exclusive), but they'd be limited in their time for the first year. I think it'd be more likely to see a 2k12, because having to make it more like a college game, make all the college teams, make a dynasty mode with recruits, and many other things would take quite a while.

I'd like to see it though, another option is always a good thing.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

I dont understand the people sayign it wont be good because of their last NCAA game.

If you liked APF 2K8;s gameplay then what on Gods green earth would lead you to believe that they wouldnt use the exact same engine? with a few enhancements in fact.

The only negative you can validly have is when it comes to Dynasty and scouting and all that other college football exlusive stuff
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #21
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
The only negative you can validly have is when it comes to Dynasty and scouting and all that other college football exlusive stuff
Even that is subject to awesomeness thanks to the amazing system College Hoops 2k8 had. Imagine college football with that coaching carousel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Even that is subject to awesomeness thanks to the amazing system College Hoops 2k8 had. Imagine college football with that coaching carousel.
Better yet...imagine attending camps and getting to play 7 on 7 passing league games. no pads no helmets just shorts and a football.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Huh???

What does the year have to do with anything???

Have you played 2k's college football games??? It wasnt the same as the NFL game(randy moss)

NCAA Football was a peice of art before it came to nex gen.....2004 is one of the best football games out....Year dont mean anything

yea it "could" be better and good as NFL2k5 but then the question is why didnt 2k8 bliw 2k5 out the water??? You dont need the NFL for presentation or a great franchise mode.....

Basically im not going to assume their effort on College football is going to be great....Just because 2k5 did a nice job.....they could have went all out with 2k8...
Year has a ton to do with it. The fact that their last game was 7 years ago and they had an nfl game that took most of their resources. Now, no NFL game. Do the math, with all the attention they can put on the college game, they could easily pass EA in 1 year.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #24
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone who brings up their old NCAA football games is only giving you half the story.

Did it suck? Yes, but why it sucked is the issue.

The reason it was so poor was because at the time VC's main, no SOLE focus was firmly squared on taking Madden down. College football was an after thought. It wasn't their "baby" and thus, suffered.

This time there's no NFL game to develop. Their main goal would be their NCAA game because without it, there's no 2k football and football is America's biggest sport. What would happen is NCAA would become the spiritual successor to NFL2k5. A fully fleshed out, fully realized football game.

In other words....EA's worst nightmare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »