Home

College or pro football?

This is a discussion on College or pro football? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: College or Pro football
College 35 41.18%
Pro 50 58.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
College or pro football?

I was curious from a fan standpoint (not a sports gaming standpoint) which game do you guys like better. If you can only follow one which you choose the college or pro football?

I like both but if I had to choose I like the college game better. I am hoping some day they smart up and get a college playoff system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: College or pro football?

Gotta go with the big boys. I love the passion and pride of college ball, but not ending the season with a clear-cut champion on the field kills the end of the season for me.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I like to watch the very best of the best compete with each other, so I will say pro. College is still great though.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

College football is far better in my eyes and I enjoy it greatly, but that's just me.

If the NFL went through a strike or didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be too bothered by it. If college football went away, I would be livid.

Don't get me wrong, I love football in general, but the pro game just doesn't get me pumped like college football does.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
College football is far better in my eyes and I enjoy it greatly, but that's just me.

If the NFL went through a strike or didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be too bothered by it. If college football went away, I would be livid.

Don't get me wrong, I love football in general, but the pro game just doesn't get me pumped like college football does.
Im the same way with Basketball, I love college hoops but I could care less about the NBA.

Football is different for me though, I love the NFL. I do enjoy College football immensely but I love the NFL. Perhaps I would like college football more if my Team was actually good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 42

Mainly Pro, my whole life, but I'm making an effort to get into College a bit more now.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #7
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Pro game is suited more for my style of football. In college there are alot of games that are cupcake gms that i think shouldn't be played; i.e. Florida vs. Divsion 1A South. We all know who going to win this gm and therefore its not as serious as the NFL where you have the Steelers and the Ravens.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

It's a toss up because college games have much more pride, passion & energy in them, but at the same time, the college game is flawed. As stated, there are countless cupcake games and simply games where the number of talented players on a roster can always out-do anything the other team brings.

The NFL is different. While it's all paid athletes -- and of course, college players aren't "paid" -- the difference with the NFL is that the landscape of talent is basically the same. While some teams may be fortunate enough to have some All Pro's, for the most part, every team is the same.

Coaching plays the biggest role in the NFL, look at the Pats of the past or even the Raiders of the Super Bowl (early this decade), serviceable, smart players with great coaching is what got them ahead. While they had "average" talent, they still got deep in the playoffs year in and out, while current "stacked" teams like the Chargers & Cowboys can't even make a playoff run due to lack-luster coaching. In college you'll rarely see MAC-nameless team defeat BCS-powerhouses not because of coaching talent but mainly because of the sheer myriad of talent on the roster.

For further defense of my arguement I give you: Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll, & Nick Saban. All amazing college coaches but completely lackluster in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »