Home

Quick Hit Football Interview

This is a discussion on Quick Hit Football Interview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quick Hit Football Interview

Operation Sports recently had a chance to interview Brandon Justice, Director of Design for Quick Hit Football. He provided some excellent answers to our questions, so make sure you give it a read and find out what the game is all about.

Read More - Quick Hit Football Interview

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 55
Thanks for getting my questions answered, Chris! I've put in over 25 games of quick hit football (not counting the quits) and really enjoy what they have going on over there.

The ability system sounds like it could get REALLY addicting by adding another layer of strategy to the game. The online league/tournament options are endless with the way the game is designed and CANNOT wait until it gets going. This will probably take over as my football game of choice (over their old game.. APF) once they get some of the basics settled like quits and how games are found.

The only thing I was a little bummed about reading is not addressing clock management at least a little bit. I mean, do you really want someone to have the capability of milking an entire half in one drive? When competition gets fierce, all measures necessary will be taken by users and that is a measure. I just envision it in the future: A team getting up by 1 score then just grinding the clock out for the rest of the game. i hope I'm wrong but it only makes sense.

To anyone reading this: If you like strategy, check this game out! it is an absolute blast to play and it really does resemble real football very well. It is rewarding to play a game where people have very few options to "game the game" and they really have to use football strategy to win. You WILL get attached to your players. I'm not gonna lie, I check how many fantasy points my level 16 MLB has tallied up over the course of a game... it is very addicting and I find myself getting jacked when my guys make plays.

Quick hit rocks guys! It is only going to go uphill from here.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Were can I get it?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Quick Hit Football Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Were can I get it?
www.quickhit.com

you'll sign up and design a team. Once everything is set up you'll be prompted to download a 70 MB flash program that fires up every time you start a game.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12
OMG!!! A breath of fresh air. I'm going to check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
this is a game that i was really excited for. there was some problem with me getting in which was MY FAULT, and the people running it were in constant communication with me. the customer service was AMAZING i was really happy with the way they treated me. i got in on the game early and it wasnt what i was hoping it would be... however it is a new game and it is really fun.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Quick Hit Football Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Thanks for getting my questions answered, Chris! I've put in over 25 games of quick hit football (not counting the quits) and really enjoy what they have going on over there.

The ability system sounds like it could get REALLY addicting by adding another layer of strategy to the game. The online league/tournament options are endless with the way the game is designed and CANNOT wait until it gets going. This will probably take over as my football game of choice (over their old game.. APF) once they get some of the basics settled like quits and how games are found.

The only thing I was a little bummed about reading is not addressing clock management at least a little bit. I mean, do you really want someone to have the capability of milking an entire half in one drive? When competition gets fierce, all measures necessary will be taken by users and that is a measure. I just envision it in the future: A team getting up by 1 score then just grinding the clock out for the rest of the game. i hope I'm wrong but it only makes sense.

To anyone reading this: If you like strategy, check this game out! it is an absolute blast to play and it really does resemble real football very well. It is rewarding to play a game where people have very few options to "game the game" and they really have to use football strategy to win. You WILL get attached to your players. I'm not gonna lie, I check how many fantasy points my level 16 MLB has tallied up over the course of a game... it is very addicting and I find myself getting jacked when my guys make plays.

Quick hit rocks guys! It is only going to go uphill from here.
Kasey, I just realized something. When the NFL signed it's Exclusive License there was always an open door for other devs to create NFL-based games on mobile & internet programs, not consoles & CPU-games; QH is actually the work-around for it. Creators of APF & former Madden devs came together, imported APF elements, added card game/turn-based strategy to it, and allowed for open development by making it browser based.

Now if only they can couple this with a football engine **cough2korBBeuphoriacough** and we really got ourselves something!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Glad you guys like the game so far. We've been working very had to make the game fun for folks who really dig on strategy.

We're about to release a big update that will add a ton of big features to the game, and would love to hear more from hardcore sports fans on what they'd like to see next.

If y'all have a chance to check it out, feel free to send us some feedback! Also, I am on all the time, so look for this Username in the lobby if you'd like a tour of the product.

Brandon Justice
Design Director, Quick Hit Inc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »