Home

What About A USFL Game

This is a discussion on What About A USFL Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What About A USFL Game

I have been thinking would you play a USFL game?

Many madden gamers are disenchanted with that titles progress and feel former games(namely NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8)better capture the football simulator experience that madden misses.

So what if a developer produced a USFL title football game?
Many feel the downfall of games like APF is do to the fact that its not the NFL,and with EA having exclusive rights there most likely wont be an nfl challenge to madden.

USFL many gamers maynot know or remember the league but it produced many NFL players Jim Kelly,Steve Young, Hershel Walker,Reggie White and on in fact 6 former USFL players are in the NFL HOF and team names where very cool Houston Gamblers...Tampa Bay Bandits...LA Express helmets and uniforms would be considered fashionable today!

ok for sports gamers I think rosters are what makes the game,two options here:
1-sign former players to a likeness contract just as APF did and with so many former players the roster size of recognizable players would be great fun as an example Doug Williams,Sam Mills Mike Rozier,Craig James, Anthony Carter, and so on this game could have as many well know football players as you could want.
2-Or simply do a NCAA approach and give genaric names but real life size and with certain positions(qb & rb mostly) have authentic player motion so have Jim Kelly throw like Kelly have hershel walker run like walker.

The game could be a very fun and realistic challenger to the established NFL Madden game if it delivered where football gamers want it most Game play!!!

What do you think?

Last edited by dolfanfrank; 11-07-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: What About A USFL Game

I'm all for another football game, I'd play it. Although I didn't even realize 2K8 was respectable until I saw guys on here talking about it, guess I gotta go rent that now!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Does 2k have the budget to make a football game?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Isnt it widely known people would kill for any other football game? I never understand threads like these. They show up here and in the 2k5 and 2k8 forums all the time.

yes we all want a new game. Yes we would love it if 2k would do it. No its not going to happen. many people have expressed their desire to play any new football game. They dont care if it was after the cfl, ufl, or just plain made up.

Biggest issue are the guys who say, "i wont play football unless its the nfl" Now we should go beat some sense in to them
Old 11-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know where to find mods for the game? The one place I went to, Grey Dog Software, they no longer worked.

Also how do you change your head coaches name?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

NFL Fever 2000 for the PC wasn't a bad game and a community did a complete USFL mod for it. I don't know if you'd find it any longer though.

And, no, anything other than an NFL game would flop.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Does anyone know for sure if the USFL is coming back in 2010? That would be great!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

God no.

To have to sit and stare at those horrible jerseys that every team wears while i'm playing? No thanks.

NFL or bust.

I'm EA's favorite kind of person.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »