Home

Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well......

This is a discussion on Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well...... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoff63
Horribly but it's better then the plain voting they used to have just a few years ago. The state title bowls are broken down into divisions 1-3 and there's also a "open" state title game between the top ranked team from northern Cali and southern Cali. So technically there's 4 state titles played for but the actual playoffs go only as far a section titles in divisions 1-5. It sucks for the top teams in Central California that don't have the recognition power that the teams from the Southern Section/LA get. They get lumped into the Southern Section which it packed full of teams, IMO Central Section teams should be at least considered Northern California just cause the number of teams aren't nearly as high as the Southern Section.
OK. I did a little research on my own, but I'm still a bit confused.

So, some comittee picks which teams play in the Div 1, 2, 3, Open, and Small School State Championship games. And they pick from the section champions.

How many section champions are there?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #10
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
OK. I did a little research on my own, but I'm still a bit confused.

So, some comittee picks which teams play in the Div 1, 2, 3, Open, and Small School State Championship games. And they pick from the section champions.

How many section champions are there?
There are 10 sections in California, yeah they pick from the section champs and the sections are broken up into North Section and South Section and one from each is selected.

North/South Section Breakdown
The Northern schools will be comprised of member schools of the: Central Coast, North Coast,Northern, Oakland, San Francisco and Sac-Joaquin Sections.

Southern schools will be comprised of member schools of the: Central,
Los Angeles, Southern and San Diego Sections.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
There are 10 sections in California, yeah they pick from the section champs and the sections are broken up into North Section and South Section and one from each is selected.

North/South Section Breakdown
The Northern schools will be comprised of member schools of the: Central Coast, North Coast,Northern, Oakland, San Francisco and Sac-Joaquin Sections.

Southern schools will be comprised of member schools of the: Central,
Los Angeles, Southern and San Diego Sections.
Does each "section" have divisions based on school size within it? In other words, are there multiple Los Angeles section champs and multiple Oakland section champs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Does each "section" have divisions based on school size within it? In other words, are there multiple Los Angeles section champs and multiple Oakland section champs?
Yeah all sections are broken down into the different divisions, in the Central Section it's broken down into five or six divisions. If I'm not mistaken all the sections have the same number of divisions but when they are considered for the bowl games they are broken into Division 1-3 and then the Small School's title pretty much encompasses the division 4-5 or 6 schools together. It's all based on enrollment numbers with 1 being the largest schools. The Open title game is the top ranked team in Southern California vs Northern California, this year its possible that the open title game will see a Div. 3 school from the South going up against a Div. 1 school from the North.

I was glad to see Carmel lost to Warren Central last night, it was a high scoring game.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!

Last edited by Bighoff; 11-29-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
Yeah all sections are broken down into the different divisions, in the Central Section it's broken down into five or six divisions. If I'm not mistaken all the sections have the same number of divisions but when they are considered for the bowl games they are broken into Division 1-3 and then the Small School's title pretty much encompasses the division 4-5 or 6 schools together. It's all based on enrollment numbers with 1 being the largest schools. The Open title game is the top ranked team in Southern California vs Northern California, this year its possible that the open title game will see a Div. 3 school from the South going up against a Div. 1 school from the North.

I was glad to see Carmel lost to Warren Central last night, it was a high scoring game.
Wow. That's a pretty interesting way to choose state champs.

PA is a true playoff system.

There are 11 or 12 districts and 4 levels of play(A, AA, AAA, AAAA) based on school enrollment. So, they crown four state champions. Every one gets a chance... there are no committees aside from the people who seed the playoffs. District 7 (WPIAL - Western PA Interscholastic Athletic Assocation... it's basically the area surrounding Pittsburgh) is usually in about three of the title games and tend to win about two. They won three of four in 07, 05, and 01.

I never even realized that other states don't have true playoff systems. I read New Jersey doesn't even crown a state champ, just a bunch of district champs. Is that still true?

Also, Texas crowns TEN?!?! Crazy. Why do they split their five classifications in to two divisions each? Is it based further on enrollment or something else?

Last edited by bgeno; 11-29-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
My old high school Mishawaka almost made it to the 5A State championship as they lost 28-27 in the regional to Merriville.

Good luck Hoos
Small world....i was a caveman from 90-93 then move my sr year.....How bout beating Penn twice in a year
Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBiggie
Small world....i was a caveman from 90-93 then move my sr year.....How bout beating Penn twice in a year

Yeah...very small world. I graduated in 91, and yes, beating Penn once, awesome, beating them twice = mind boggling
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »