Home

Euphoria vs Pro Tack Tackling Revisited

This is a discussion on Euphoria vs Pro Tack Tackling Revisited within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Euphoria vs Pro Tack Tackling Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Well I hope the physics engine is also put into the passing aspect of Backbreaker. There should be an arch on the ball.

You know something that makes me SUPER EXCITED???? The throwing is going to be used on the right stick. You pull back and let it RIP!!!!!!!!! If they make throw power and throw accuracy depend on the way and how hard you flick the right stick, INSTANT SUCCESS. That would add a whole extra layer to the game that madden doesn't and may never have. Maybe a deepball will now take your hardest push up on the right stick to put enough torque on the ball to get it to the receiver and short passes such as RB and TE screens will now take gentle precision. Just awesome.

I also would like to see if it is actually possible to truck someone in Backbreaker. It seems like there is only Jukes, spins and hurdles that can be utilized. AAAAAND I would like to see if different teams will have different sets of players. I hope they will have Speed backs that are maybe thinner and short and PUNISHING backs that always get those extra two yards but won't out run many people. So many things I am hoping for, so little time.

Oh yeah, and if it's not too much A DEMO
If BB (or any FB game) had that I would be in heaven...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I may need to get a new controller every week, if its based on how hard you flick it . Ratings need to matter more so imo.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
EA isn't sold on Euphoria, nothing to get your hopes up about.
Well, why would you want to compliment competition? Also, if they don't have to purchase the right to use Euphoria (which they don't, because they can just as easily continue with their own canned animations), why would they tell the world they like it? Think about it. If EA says that they like Euphoria, it could mean that they want to add it into their game. But WHY would they want to do this unless they are FORCED to? Since they have not been forced to do that yet, they are not going to tell their potential customers that another company has a better football engine then they do.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

What does animation have to do with the real problem? How well the computer plays against you or with you. What are they trying to do to stop the cpu cheating on higher game levels? I think you should use a chess style cpu. Where it calculates moves you have made and what is logical to do next.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Believe me, animation have decided games in the past. Like rocket catch for instance. Or the DB spin-accelerate thing. It matters. In a game where what each player is doing determines the outcome of a play, animation rule the outcome.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 17

FYI, tackling physics doesn't constitute AI......and it's only a small component of a blanket term like "gameplay". A physics engine isn't going to dictate how players react to the multitude of in-game football scenarios. All it will dictate is what happens when players make contact with eachother. It won't control how DB's or linebackers pursue on a play or react to the football in any way.

The Madden haters are amusing. Pro Tak is, at this time, the best tackling engine in the history of football games. Like any other element in any other game ever produced (be it sports or otherwise), it has a few flaws here and there. Breaking out of a large group of tacklers is a rare occurance when you're playing on a setting of any real difficulty. But hey, keep ruining games for yourselves with your bias. You're only cheating yourself.

Backbreaker may end up being pretty good, but it's just a tad soon to be making comparisons like this.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
FYI, tackling physics doesn't constitute AI......and it's only a small component of a blanket term like "gameplay". A physics engine isn't going to dictate how players react to the multitude of in-game football scenarios. All it will dictate is what happens when players make contact with eachother. It won't control how DB's or linebackers pursue on a play or react to the football in any way.

The Madden haters are amusing. Pro Tak is, at this time, the best tackling engine in the history of football games. Like any other element in any other game ever produced (be it sports or otherwise), it has a few flaws here and there. Breaking out of a large group of tacklers is a rare occurance when you're playing on a setting of any real difficulty. But hey, keep ruining games for yourselves with your bias. You're only cheating yourself.

Backbreaker may end up being pretty good, but it's just a tad soon to be making comparisons like this.
I disagree, the 2K tackling mechanics are way better. Score one for the good guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I disagree, the 2K tackling mechanics are way better. Score one for the good guys!
I always enjoyed the tackling in 2k games better as well. All-Pro has the best tackling animations in any game I have played and by far the best animations overall.

By I will agree with his point that a great physics system also needs well-programmed ai to go with it. Can't say I haven impressed though by the ai in the Madden or NCAA series recently. I certainly wouldn't call it good.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 12-18-2009 at 08:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »