Home

Looking for Football sim.

This is a discussion on Looking for Football sim. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Looking for Football sim.

FOF 2007 is pretty hard to beat. Solid game. I have a single player career where I replaced the worst team (Raiders) with a created hometown team. I also started alternating draft classes; one CPU generated (which is very good, get your booms/busts, injury prone but uber talented, late steals, etc., drafting is awesome), and then one NFL historical (you can download real historical draft classes from the FOF central website). I started in like 1970-ish and just had the 1983 draft class. Never won a Superbowl yet but have had major QB problems all along. Just had my best season at 15-1 behind rookie QB Dan Marino, lost in the Divisional round.

I love all the stat tracking, etc. It's fun to get a guy you like (esp. from a CPU generated draft class) and run him for years, then compare him to the guys 10 years prior and 10 years later that you liked just as much. I had one CB that was Deion-Sanders like.. shut-down.. I drafted this guy 2 or 3 overall.. But then he started to develop injury problems in his 3rd season.. Had to trade him in his 5th season right in his prime because i saw where it was going. Sure enough he spent the majority of his next 3 seasons on IR and fell off the map.

I do hope that one day Madden, etc., can replicate player development, drafting, etc., that FOF has.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
I wish the minds behind Football Manager and OOTP would make a football sim. Soccer is alright and I love baseball but I would never need another game if I could have a football sim with that kind of quality.
Agreed. My football gaming would be complete and I would never need another sports game again.

It seems though that PFS has the potential to do just that. Constant updates and it keeps getting better and better. Hopefully the career mode will get deeper just like it is in OOTP and FM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #19
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

http://myfootballsim.com is a good browser based site, free and all with forums.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Action pro football is da best sim football around the 2010 version is out and they have every team ranging from tha 1920s all tha way 2 present and you can go 2 pcballparks.com 4 all tha stadiums
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Anyone know about Maximum Football v2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #22
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko
Anyone know about Maximum Football v2?
Great customization abilities/can create a league as big or small as you want with any teams you want...but totally crappy gameplay. Don't get it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Great customization abilities/can create a league as big or small as you want with any teams you want...but totally crappy gameplay. Don't get it.
Thanks saved $40.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

I want to get FOF 2007, but I HATE the UI and I love the UI for PFS, it feels updated and more fresh. I downloaded both demos, I have some questions. Can you import player pictures for FOF 2007? I tried to get the Stelmack utility to work with FOF 2007, but I couldn't get it to work. Does it work with the current version on windows 7?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »