Home

Some Reviews for Tecmo Bowl

This is a discussion on Some Reviews for Tecmo Bowl within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Some Reviews for Tecmo Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I will say, that for all of the complaints about not hitting players in stride, and not being able to run the entire field length criss crossing as players dive, it makes for a far more strategic game, and IMHO a far more challenging and fun experience in multi-player.
Yeah the tables kind of turn = offense is actually really really hard to pull off. You can't get away with a garbage QB as easily as you used to. IN this game, good QB's are much more valuable than the NES version. You're going to have to throw into coverage and good QB's can complete balls to WR/TE's with LB's on them. That's an important tool. I'm starting to think I need to just bomb it out when a guy guesses run and plays deep defense with a linebacker. I need to just challenge him and use my guy's receiving skills.

EDIT: You can still zig-zag in this game, but not everyone can do it. You need a quick player and ideal positioning to zig-zag. Power running is still here and it's very very fun.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 62

I played a couple games last night and it was definitely a lot of fun. I couldn't kick in the new mode so I'd just switch back to the good ole days for that. I got exactly what I was expecting for 800 MS Points. Other than the ability to edit team colors and player ratings, I don't really think much more could or should have been expected of this release.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 15

just curious, do you have any specific reviews you have beef with from IGN? Im interested.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
just curious, do you have any specific reviews you have beef with from IGN? Im interested.
I don't follow any reviewers there, though I do check in from time to time. I usually sound off on them when I don't agree with them.

I tend to read/trust McShea's (GameSpot) and Gertzman's (GiantBomb) are the two I trust pretty much each and every review. These guys know games. By following the reviewer, I may find a good game that I might never have been interested in otherwise.

Varanini looks promising (GameSpot), and I distrust VanOrds (GameSpot, if his anticipation is high, he rates too high consistently).

I wish the game sites had the ability just to follow the reviews of certain reviewers, as I'm more interested in their views of games more often than the game's themselves.

The problem I have found at IGN is that they clearly don't play the games through even once. Their articles repeatedly have factual inaccuracies. And the reviewers don't seem to be knowledgeable of the developers, the game's goals, or the history of the games they are reviewing.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 15

i hardly find a game I dont agree with IGN's scores for the most part with though. I mean im playing Disgaea 3 right now, and it got a low rating even though I enjoy it. Well it got a low rating because it looks like a freakin ps1 game. Its also part of a series of games which I never played, so I can easily see why it would be lower rated, even though it has more value to me personally (plus the fact it was $20 for 100 hours of gameplay didnt hurt)

I mean like do you have any games in particular? In recent vintage, id say FFXIII was overated, but I knew what I was getting into with that game but wow what a disappointment. And then like ive said before basically any Elder Scrolls game is vastly overrated by all media outlets (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout to a lesser extent). But I just have major major beef with that way Oblivion does character advancement.

The trouble with following one reviewer..... Well, hes not gonna review every game. I have a ****load of games and I havent really bought any bad ones and I always check metacritic then read the IGN reviews. My worst purchase has probably been the Show 10, which I actually bought because of all the love that series gets here...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »