Home

Running Game: Madden vs. 2K5 vs. BB

This is a discussion on Running Game: Madden vs. 2K5 vs. BB within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Running Game: Madden vs. 2K5 vs. BB

Personally, I still prefer the ESPN 2K5 running game over Madden. The movement was fluid, tackling was natural-looking, and the right-stick worked correctly - there were many motions possible, for those of you who never played it. Nothing was more satisfying than a little right-stick flick to watch a would-be tackler foolishly lose his footing. Granted, the 2K5 tackling animation were solid, but they were canned and eventually you saw everything there was to see. To me, BB looks a lot like 2K5 in terms of fluidity, but obviously the implementation of the Euphoria engine makes more a (virtually) limitless number of tackle animations.

Madden, on the other hand, never really felt fluid to me. Madden 10 got a few things right in terms of presentation, but gameplay left a whole lot to be desired.

Ultimately, the ball carrying engine in any game is not only reliant on the controls of the offensive player, but the reactions and tackling intelligence of the defenders. If this game's running engine 'feels' like 2K5 did, then this game is going to be a winner in the gameplay department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Running Game: Madden vs. 2K5 vs. BB

For the love of God stop comparing! BB is still 3 weeks away from release!
In regard to how it should feel, I hope the running game feels like Backbreaker's running game. Not like 2k5, not like Madden. It should have it's own classification.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »