Home

SportsCenter vs. The Extra Point

This is a discussion on SportsCenter vs. The Extra Point within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: SportsCenter vs. The Extra Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
I do really like NCAA11's presentation. Its definately a step in the right direction. The ESPN wipes and editing of instant replays looks pretty good. I wish they would do more replays from real telecast camera angles rather than get in so close, but still a solid job this year. I am still waiting to see a halftime show and if commentary will finally be included in recap shows.

There are so many facets to running a broadcast presentation. ESPN content is a great start, but clearly it doesn't matter which network is used, so long as all of these elements are present:
1) True television camera angle options (not everyone likes them)
2) Network Logos and wipes (NCAA11 - check)
3) Telecast style tickers - show me scores and stats around the league
4) Game breaks - lets head to the studio once in a while to see highlights
5) Pregame/Halftime/Postgame/Weekly Shows with FULL league highlights, commentary, opinions, injuries, matchups, standings...etc.
In response to the bolded... I can tell you one thing I feel certain of... if they'd put in proper angles for pre-play, post-play and replays, no one but a misfit few would complain. The replays in NCAA 11 are a debacle in my opinion. To watch the NCAA team on video actually denouncing the TV broadcast replay angles as if they're somehow bad, and then referring to them as if they ever did them correctly to begin with... well, it was one of those moments for me where I kinda left my body and asked myself if this was really happening, and if those words were really coming out of their mouths, lol.

My question is, if a person doesn't like TV style angles then does that mean they simply don't like realism? I can't think of any other logical conclusion that can be drawn from it. But what puzzles me is when I see the same people complain about AI not being realistic or about franchise not having realistic trade and draft logic. Why would you demand realism in one aspect, but tolerate or outright request the opposite in another? Isn't the idea to have realism in every facet so that you have a well-rounded experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Because I feel the need to compare Extra Point to r/l SC

The answer is Rachel Nichols.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #27
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Tiburon seems bent on providing their own artistic touches to presentation from the commentary, to the camera angles, to the half time shows. So far, they have failed across the board. It's extremely frustrating for gamers, especially for those of us that understand the complexities of software development. As developers, the hardest thing to do is understand a user story (use case), but Tiburon has PERFECT examples every Sunday and yet they can't emulate them. It's mind boggling. Somebody somewhere needs to be fired, or they need to bring in the talent to get the job done. Either way there's no excuse for not getting the presentation down. None.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Point blank, this thread is stupid purely due to its' redundancy. (I have no problem with the actual content. The consistency of the comparisons are just tiring.)

I didn't say you had to enjoy poop sandwiches, and I never said "if you don't like it, don't buy it" but feel free to keep making both sides of this argument (yours and mine) because I'm ignoring this thread after this post.

I want broadcast presentation. I get it, I get it, I get it. I'm with you on wanting more than the Extra Point, but to post a comparison video like you're breaking some major news here (This just in: Madden's presentation blows!)...it's just dumb. There is no point to be made here that hasn't been made a million times in a million different threads before, so the thread just turns into the typical "bash EA" thread. I would argue that was definitely the implication of the original post, but moreso the subsequent replies.

It's just a broken record with this stuff sometimes, man.
Fair enough. Im tired of saying it almost as much as you're tired of reading about it. I really dont want to simply "bash" EA or hail 2K5 for the rest of my life, but until something gets done about it, I think we have a right and duty to speak our minds and make the strongest case possible. I realize there are comparisons to 2K5. We've been making them for 6 years now. That's the point. Im sick of looking a 2K5 and wishing EA could do something like that. I know im not "breaking major news" here, but i thought the video was a nice bare-bones look at the differences. I'm also tired of defending my right to heir my opinion. LOL
Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Don't really care for either, just want them easier to skip so I can get back to playing the game rather than watching it.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #30
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Don't really care for either, just want them easier to skip so I can get back to playing the game rather than watching it.
are you like a tourney player or something?

from the pasta padre vid, it looks like they took out the extra point this year anyway so comparisons are moot.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
are you like a tourney player or something?

from the pasta padre vid, it looks like they took out the extra point this year anyway so comparisons are moot.
Almost exclusively offline/online franchise, just hate forced presentation elements like the halftime show that has to load before you can cancel it, piece by piece.

I like watching the extra point on occasion, it's not a make or break feature for me though by any means.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 27

Well, it looks like The Extra Point was canceled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »