Home

SO can we finally admit that Backbreaker is a blessing

This is a discussion on SO can we finally admit that Backbreaker is a blessing within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: SO can we finally admit that Backbreaker is a blessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Do you read before you post, of madden and Ncaa is going to sell more DUHHHHHHHHHHH. They are the only football game out there, and of course they are going to fav reviews dddddduuuuhhhhhhhhh because they are no other football games to compare them to. I never say backbreaker was a great game but it has alot to do with ncaa and madden this year. You dont think the devs of each game seriously took a look at the BB engine. And said ok we need to make huge changes to our engine. And they did that.

Why make such a huge leap this year since all they did was make little by little steps every year since this current gen. This year version of both madden and ncaa took a huge step from previous version they made since the current gen started. So answer why the didnt make this huge step with their madden 09 anniversary then huh why not did this back then.

Of course BB didnt really anything special i think the game is terrible but the physics is was in the right place and show realistic tackle should look like. That part right there got people excited, got me excited until more detail got released about the game then i didnt start to feel it.

And lastly i wonder if you actually read my post before you post. I never say I like BB but i commended it for bringing competition so we us consumers can finally have a quality madden and ncaa this year(MAYBE). Im trying to tell you this what competition does to a company, it bring out quality in its product. Madden 11 might the best madden i ever played since madden 05.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Do you read before you post, of madden and Ncaa is going to sell more DUHHHHHHHHHHH. They are the only football game out there, and of course they are going to fav reviews dddddduuuuhhhhhhhhh because they are no other football games to compare them to. I never say backbreaker was a great game but it has alot to do with ncaa and madden this year. You dont think the devs of each game seriously took a look at the BB engine. And said ok we need to make huge changes to our engine. And they did that.

Why make such a huge leap this year since all they did was make little by little steps every year since this current gen. This year version of both madden and ncaa took a huge step from previous version they made since the current gen started. So answer why the didnt make this huge step with their madden 09 anniversary then huh why not did this back then.

Of course BB didnt really anything special i think the game is terrible but the physics is was in the right place and show realistic tackle should look like. That part right there got people excited, got me excited until more detail got released about the game then i didnt start to feel it.

And lastly i wonder if you actually read my post before you post. I never say I like BB but i commended it for bringing competition so we us consumers can finally have a quality madden and ncaa this year(MAYBE). Im trying to tell you this what competition does to a company, it bring out quality in its product. Madden 11 might the best madden i ever played since madden 05.
well, do you think before you post? How in the world are you going to try and say that EA took a look at Backbreakers engine when designing the upcoming Madden? BB just got released. The Madden engine has been in place for months prior to that.

Show me actual proof that BB brought competition. Don't just say that Madden or NCAA deciding to overhaul certain features. That's not proof of anything except that it was in this year's cycle to upgrade certain aspects of both Madden and NCAA. You are going purely on speculation and opinion and have not one fact in your thread at all.

It's great to have an opinion, but stop with the "duhhhhh" nonsense and realize you're posting an opinion, not a fact. Why take it personal that people dont agree with you?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I wouldn't say it was a blessing. I'm sure EA was planning on doing this for madden 11 and ncaa 11 before BB was coming out this year. BB is a good game and all. But still has a long way to go before it becomes a great football game. But I don't think it was a blessing.BB are no BB. I think EA was due a change in their game engine anyway. Things change from year to year. I'm sure within the next year are 2. Madden and NCAA football will end up getting the engine NHL 11 currently has. I think BB might of pushed EA a little but not all that much. I like BB and going to rent it as soon as I get the money and do it. But again I don't think it was any kind of blessing.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I say the decline of sales for Madden(I'm not sure if the sales of NCAA Football were declining) is what influenced the development cycle of both games not Backbreaker.
Yep. Backbreaker was supposed to be THE FB game of all time(According to may fans/backers) and it barely ended up being a FB game.
The natural animations were nice but I agree the lack of or I should say the less than before sales, were the reasoning we see changes in Madden/NCAA.

I doubt BB had any bearing on Madden and NCAA decisions at all. Hopefully BB gets a new look and we see a vastly improved game of football next year. I'm certainly pulling for them!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I played the demo of BB, but don't own the game. I don't want to step into the middle of your war here, but I will say you have to start somewhere and anyone saying BB doesn't have some good points is nuts.

What can you program? The last thing I could do was make two 2D dice roll and give me a random number on an Apple II.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

There's no "war". well at least with those that love the game of football. BB had some good things and I hope we keep seeing improvements...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »