Home

What's The Best Football Game Ever?

This is a discussion on What's The Best Football Game Ever? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's The Best Football Game Ever?

I'd have to agree on NCAA 08 on the XBox being the best. I've yet to see a really good MMO in Football. For soccer I quite like the MMO Football Superstars which is not Xbox unfortunately but is on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden '05 and Madden '07
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 49

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-all-time.html

polls are so much better. They actually show what people picked. Reading 10 pages isnt easy.

Im going to release a poll for 2010 shortly that has a huge selection of football games..
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
Ok I gave this a long hard look. I asked myself this question. Which football games did I play to death and which ones just floored me when I first played them. But most importantly which do I still go back to time and time again?

1) NFL 2K5 - XBOX - So I just recently rediscovered this game. I bought a new copy on Xbox (had it on PS2 big mistake) downloaded a ton of rosters and I am in heaven. What a true representation of the NFL experience. Between Weekly Prep, Sportscenter, the game itself this is the Godfather of football titles. The only reason I overlooked it was:

2) Madden 2005 Silver Edition PS2 - What a great game. This is the pinnacle of the Madden series thus far. A great Franchise mode, the Tony Bruno show, pre-season, mini camp games, owner mode. Great tight controls, hot routes were truly taken to the next level (2004 was also awesome). I played this game for 12 seasons and i did not sim. I played every game for my Dolphins.

3) NCAA 2011 PS3 - This is the best next gen football game I have played to date. I am loving my dynasty offline and both my online teams. Recruiting is fun, the playbooks deep, formation subs, game plan, A true hurry up offense. A superb football game

4) Super Bowl Tecmo Bowl 1991 NES - I still have my NES and I still have Tecmo parties a couple of times a year when 6-8 of my buddies come over and we play tourny style. A joy to still play and have a ton of fun. This is arcade football at it's finest.

5) NCAA 2007 PS2 - until this year this was the gold standad for me wih the NCAA series. The student athlete mode was a blast and the controls were so good. I loved the features with the match up meter, home field advantage momentum meter, the defense was great. I always loved the int animations. Just a great game.

Just missing the cut:

Madden 2011
Gameday (original)
Madden 99
Madden 93
Madden 2007
Parker Brothers Superstar Lineup Talking Football (Yes I still have this table top electronic game in mint condition and have played it with my 5 years old son!)

Games that are in my library that I recently purchased because of recommendations from this forum

1) NFL Head Coach 2009
2) APF 2K8

Both those games are on the back burner as I am engrossed with NFL2K5, Madden 2011, NCAA 2011. But once those die down I will give both Head Coach and APF2K8 my time.
My tune has changed over the last wek after tweaking sliders, gameplans etc.

1) NFL 2K5
2) NCAA 2011
3) Madden 2011
4) Madden 05/07
5) Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #69
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

LOL...watch out, Todem. NFL Head Coach 09 is a black hole, waiting to suck your life into it without you even knowing it

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »