Home

If you HAD to Pick

This is a discussion on If you HAD to Pick within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: If you HAD to Pick

BackBreaker for me, and once the patch releases for the game. I wonder if anyone who did not choose it will give it another chance and change thier minds?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd be interested in hearing what people do with games like APF2k8 and Backbreaker, with poor or no franchise modes. With APF it's been out for a while so people have been playing it all this time?

Backbreaker has been out for 2 months, you think you'll still be doing the same thing in a year?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd be interested in hearing what people do with games like APF2k8 and Backbreaker, with poor or no franchise modes. With APF it's been out for a while so people have been playing it all this time?

Backbreaker has been out for 2 months, you think you'll still be doing the same thing in a year?
i've been playing all pro since i got it about two years ago, and haven't really seen another football game that makes me want to stop playing it.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #20
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The15thunter
i've been playing all pro since i got it about two years ago, and haven't really seen another football game that makes me want to stop playing it.
So exhibition games, or do you create a new team, run through the season, then rinse and repeat? People are picking Backbreaker as a new game, what do you think you'll be doing in that game in 6-9 months, still playing RtBB? Still trying new teams that have been created? What about it makes you think you'll still be playing it in a year? Or is that pick due to the absence of other games you're interested in, and you may not be playing any football game in a year, and if anything, you'd pop in BB?

The online for it is pretty much dead/matches few and far between according to posters, how is the online for APF?

Just a big difference is all... while some will be playing franchise or dynasty modes a few+ times per week... are some of you just playing a football game a couple times a month and that's it?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

well you can create a 32 team league and play multiple seasons......and I'm sure there are more than 32 people on this forum who play the game and i believe it sold over atleast 20,000 on each platforum...so you can set up online leagues with rosters downloaded from a site...and yall can see each other's players and their ratings...just to make sure they match up with a league's roster file everyone is supposed to be using......

from there record stats and update online league info.....

and if you REALLY wanted to follow what is going on in the real NFL...you can have the league commish edit roster files at the end of the week so that each team is using the confirmed starting lineups....so if there is an injury..the commish can take the player out of the roster file for that week........again it doesn't have to be that realistic....to where you have to download new rosters every week, it can be every 2 weeks or just when something major happens......

if all these league members are your friends list for your systems, you will able to see their helmets and field designs....so kind of a poor's man NFL online league...but with realistic player interactions, most of the time....

so that is 2 ways of extending this games play time.....the few things that can hamper the gameplay is if they do not fix the few NFL rules issues that the game had, you don't wanted to be cheated out of a win because of data entry type mistake......

and of course the limited playbook can be a problem ......as far as on the field, I personally don't see glitches that can cheat you out of a win, like in Madden.....there are balls that sometimes morphs to a receivers hands, which I would like to get fixed....but it is not as problematic as other football games.....and there won't be a scenario where at the end of the game you have a call carrier surrounded by 6 defenders only to have the ball carrier start an animation with one of the defenders, causing the rest of the teammates to fall to the ground....then if that ball carrier breaks that tackle by the only defender that was able to get a hold of him......I would feel cheated as heck if that guy ran free for the winning TD.

so, imo, it is entirely possible for someone or a group of people to play this game more than just "a couple times a month"....lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

So you are doing all of those things, that's why you picked Backbreaker?

That's what I am asking, not a bunch of what if's about people who have been hacking at the game and what they could maybe accomplish with 32 other people for the next year.

Backbreaker has plenty of problems that can cheat you out of a win so you're better off not going there, like the many things that can happen when you recover a fumble in the end zone (safety, fumbling team gets a touchback and keeps the ball, or you get the ball on the 1). Many things are fundamentally broken about football in Backbreaker and that's why I am done with it until the patch finally hits, but this isn't really the thread for that.

There's a big difference between plugging away at your franchise a couple times a week and firing up APF2k8 every so often, making a team, and playing with it off and on for 6 months, that's what I was asking. There's a big difference IMO in replying to this thread with 'NFL2k5' or 'Backbreaker' when they're not the games you'd pick to play the next year, they're simply the last football game you liked, even if you never even play that anymore.

It's just an extension of the OP, if you only had to play 1 game for the next year, what would you be doing with it? For many they are already doing this... there's a 2-3 month period where im messing with both Madden and NCAA (and BB will get some play when the patch releases) but then whichever I have the most fun with I stick with that dynasty until it's time to repeat the process with the new games.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-29-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So exhibition games, or do you create a new team, run through the season, then rinse and repeat? People are picking Backbreaker as a new game, what do you think you'll be doing in that game in 6-9 months, still playing RtBB? Still trying new teams that have been created? What about it makes you think you'll still be playing it in a year? Or is that pick due to the absence of other games you're interested in, and you may not be playing any football game in a year, and if anything, you'd pop in BB?

The online for it is pretty much dead/matches few and far between according to posters, how is the online for APF?

Just a big difference is all... while some will be playing franchise or dynasty modes a few+ times per week... are some of you just playing a football game a couple times a month and that's it?
i don't play all pro against the computer. i have guys on my friend list i can go to for a game if they're up to it, plus i'm in a league that still goes. it's past its heyday in terms of huge numbers of people online, and when you factor in my appreciation for playing sim, the dwindles lobby games down, but i still love the game and haven't seen anything out of madden or backbreaker that excites me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »