Home

EGM Fever Review

This is a discussion on EGM Fever Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
EGM Fever Review

MY magazine came. The first review basically said it was improved, but had bad player models, bad camera, and weak dynasty. Said XSN was good.

2nd review said bad graphics, and to hard of a kicking game. That was pretty much it

3rd review said graphics were good, but gameplay still needed a lot of work. Said only reason to get the game is XSN

Pretty poor reviews. Didn't even mention read and lead
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 03:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: EGM Fever Review

Thnx man, sounds like EGM dont know $hit...
Old 07-26-2003, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i just got my EGM too and judging by the review i dont think i will be picking up this years fever even though i wanted to
Old 07-26-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

madinsane00 said:
i just got my EGM too and judging by the review i dont think i will be picking up this years fever even though i wanted to

Why?
Old 07-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #5
Rookie

why because the weak points about the game didnt seem good bad player models bad camera angels stuff like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 05:19 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Bryan: Fever has somewhat recovered from its disappointing sophmore season. It feels less arcadey, and the birth of xsnsports is an online gamer's dream. But when your up against ESPN and Madden, you've really got to sweat the details-and that's where Fever fails. Problems plague the player models, the camera is to high, the dynasty mode is to shallow, and fever's announcers make Madden's dememnted ramblings sound smart. A stronger showing, but I'm calling for another year of practice

G. Ford:
While Fever does plenty right, it has it's problems. The graphics fail to impress (by Xbox Standards) and the overly tough kicking game needs improvents (its not realist to routinely miss extra points). Overall Fever gives a fine showing but it's not memorable to draw you away from the competition.

OPM-Chris B:
Fever certainly looks nice, and I'm a big fan of the coaches audible interaction (they offer useful scouting advice). Actual game-play however leaves much to be desired, with less than intutive playcalling and dull atmosphere only making things worse. Choose this over Madden only if the XSNsports stuff excites you.

Old 07-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Bryan: Fever has somewhat recovered from its disappointing details-and that's where Fever fails. Problems plague the player models, the camera is to high,
G. Ford:
While Fever does plenty right, it has it's problems. The graphics fail to impress (by Xbox Standards) and the overly tough kicking game needs improvents (its not realist to routinely miss extra points

those are the reasons why
Old 07-26-2003, 08:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I am still checking it out, I have let reviews decide to skip it in the past since I was already buying Madden and NFL2Kn. I am not getting ESPN this year, so I am going to give fever a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »