Home

Madden 08 ? Really ?

This is a discussion on Madden 08 ? Really ? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 08 ? Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
Guys, it's not just Madden the game. The way some of you are talking you make it seem like one day Madden just started to suck.

It has to do with the Madden / NCAA engine on PS2 / Original Xbox vs the Madden / NCAA engine on 360 / PS3. They rebuilt the game from scratch instead of building on what made madden great on PS2 / Original Xbox.

Madden 11 on PS2 is still a great game. It has to do with the original architecture of PS2 madden. That was the great game. The 360 and PS3 versions have no charm. Play your Madden 04 and NCAA Football 2005 on PS2 and just be happy. Forget that the 360 even exists. Now if only we can figure out some way to play these games online on a PS2.
Actually the problem is that they did NOT rebuild the entire game engine to fit the new consoles when they switched over. They basically tried to port over what they had on the last gen consoles and make it work on the new consoles within one dev cycle. They pretty much mickey moused it and pushed a rushed product out to try and take advantage of the new consoles instead of taking a year to rebuild from the ground up for the PS3/360. Had they waited a year to release the game for the PS3/360, they certainly would have had a much more polished and in-depth product and they would not be doing what they are doing today by taking many years to slowly improve the basics of the game because the foundation would already be there.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Madden 08 was BY FAR the worst Madden I've ever played. It had terrible fumble issues. It was so lifeless with the radio announcer. It was just an abomination.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

One thing I'll give 08: that score bar on the bottom is perfect. The one in 10 and 11 is huge. That one's small, it's minimal, and it's sleek. Love it.

The rest can go away, though.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Don't even consider it. Madden 08 was the most evil demon-slut of any Madden game in history. That game can burn a nice, slow death.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #13
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Not if you get Madden 08 for the PC and go to football-freaks.com and get their mods there for it.

It then becomes the best Madden there is, besides Madden 04. Don't get 08 on the consoles...simple.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Im a 2k5 fan myslef. Best game all time, and been playing it since day one.

That being said, Madden 08 stunk(so did every Madden besides Madden 01 back in the day when ps2 was first released), but Madden 11 is actually pretty good. I dont think its as good as 2k5 personally, but its still a good game, and for the first time I feel like its really getting there, and moving in the right direction.

Madden 11 plays like no Madden EVER has. It actually has a slight 2k feel to its movements.

I have a feeling in the next 2-3 years or so Madden will have a game that finally will replace 2k5 as the best all time.
I agree. I'm also a 2k5 guy, but I am actually playing Madden 11 this year. First time since, well, 2k5 came out that it is back on the shelf. I really am enjoying Madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »